The Last Straw...Honda HRR Wheels

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find it interesting what you said about the drive failing... my snapper(walk behind) does not get much use now.. but when I used it alot, it started this thing where it went forwrd but would not back up... turned out I had been neglecting the drive tranny oil. Checked it and it was low, refilled it and started changing it every so often and it never happened again.

You can not buy a better push mower than a snapper.
Every one else has tried and make a better cutting mower and has failed.
They are still the best mulching and bagging mower

Now I do not like their riding mowers. But if I ever was to get a zero turn it would be a snapper.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buy a set of hr215 tires off amazon they are like 20ish dollars takes a few minutes to figure how to swap them onto the oem wheels. But worth it while you have the wheel off clean off the gunk from the gears and re grease :)

Threads

I know some will agree and some will disagree, but I think Honda mowers are some of the best mulchers around. I think Honda, Toro, and Snapper are the best. :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know some will agree and some will disagree, but I think Honda mowers are some of the best mulchers around. I think Honda, Toro, and Snapper are the best. :thumbsup:

I disagree. I think honda motors are great the rest is kinda junky (look at your wheels) toro is cheap there are so many models with so many different features with every possible price and mostly what I've seen has been garbage. Commercial toro is good. I have no experience with any snapper.

Threads
I disagree. I think honda motors are great the rest is kinda junky (look at your wheels) toro is cheap there are so many models with so many different features with every possible price and mostly what I've seen has been garbage. Commercial toro is good. I have no experience with any snapper.

Well I won't go back to an HRR after having the HRX! And the HRX's wheels are different than the HRR's....more rubber, less plastic.

LawnBoy97

Threads

Now I do not like their riding mowers. But if I ever was to get a zero turn it would be a snapper.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

I think I would have to agree with this, in most cases. I REALLY like the self-propelled, so many speeds, and so simple. I also love the thick steel decks, my Snapper I started my business with (Ha, one yard a week, plus my own) looks nearly new, besides some dirt and an off-shade of red. They are fantastic side dischargers, while most just spew out clumps of cow chow, these spread a thin layer of fine blades of grass. And finally, they SUCK! Now by suck, I mean in a good way. They really are HI VAC. While mulching, you can turn most leaves into a fine dust, and while side discharging you can clear sidewalks in seconds. You can actually see the grass being pulled from the concrete.

Now I do like the Honda mowers even though I only have one. They are great mulchers, and I haven't even heard mine get bogged down in tall grass yet, and the four lawns I mowed with it so far this week had some pretty tall grass. But the mower just purrs right along. Now it didn't cut too great in the tall stuff, but that is pretty common, so whatever. The wheels on my mower happen to be beautiful, with tons of tread, but then again that may be due to the fact that the transmission is shot:thumbdown:. (or at least has issues)

Toro, ehhh. I like them, but not that much. The ones that I have used mulch great, but it just seems like they are missing something. Now I do like my older Toro with a Suzuki 4-cycle. Although it seems to have no compression, it runs great, and cuts great as well. I'm currently in the process of repainting it (thread to come later).

So if anything, I think that a Snapper Hi Vac deck, with a Honda engine would be the best mower ever.:cool2:

JSB33

Threads
I disagree. I think honda motors are great the rest is kinda junky (look at your wheels)

You really think that Honda mowers are "junky" based on tires that wore out at 500-700 hours? (with many street miles according to LMF)
Its their lower end homeowner mower being used commercially, if anything I think it proves that its one hell of a mower.

And I can attest that the Honda (at least the HRX) is a very good mulcher. And that it mulches way, way better than the Toro Recycler that I had before. Its no comparison.
I do love the Snappers, I still wish I had one. They priced me out of the market though.

Threads
I think I would have to agree with this, in most cases. I REALLY like the self-propelled, so many speeds, and so simple. I also love the thick steel decks, my Snapper I started my business with (Ha, one yard a week, plus my own) looks nearly new, besides some dirt and an off-shade of red. They are fantastic side dischargers, while most just spew out clumps of cow chow, these spread a thin layer of fine blades of grass. And finally, they SUCK! Now by suck, I mean in a good way. They really are HI VAC. While mulching, you can turn most leaves into a fine dust, and while side discharging you can clear sidewalks in seconds. You can actually see the grass being pulled from the concrete.

Now I do like the Honda mowers even though I only have one. They are great mulchers, and I haven't even heard mine get bogged down in tall grass yet, and the four lawns I mowed with it so far this week had some pretty tall grass. But the mower just purrs right along. Now it didn't cut too great in the tall stuff, but that is pretty common, so whatever. The wheels on my mower happen to be beautiful, with tons of tread, but then again that may be due to the fact that the transmission is shot:thumbdown:. (or at least has issues)

Toro, ehhh. I like them, but not that much. The ones that I have used mulch great, but it just seems like they are missing something. Now I do like my older Toro with a Suzuki 4-cycle. Although it seems to have no compression, it runs great, and cuts great as well. I'm currently in the process of repainting it (thread to come later).

So if anything, I think that a Snapper Hi Vac deck, with a Honda engine would be the best mower ever.:cool2:

I think my favorite part of Snapper mowers are the controls. I like how the throttle lever is just a small thing on the one side. Can't really describe it, but you know what I mean!

snapper controls.PNG

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You really think that Honda mowers are "junky" based on tires that wore out at 500-700 hours? (with many street miles according to LMF)
Its their lower end homeowner mower being used commercially, if anything I think it proves that its one hell of a mower.

And I can attest that the Honda (at least the HRX) is a very good mulcher. And that it mulches way, way better than the Toro Recycler that I had before. Its no comparison.
I do love the Snappers, I still wish I had one. They priced me out of the market though.

They wear out at about 100 hrs he just let them go for that long. They use inferior parts at lease on the hrr seems like the parts they use is to make the hrx look that much better.

Oh and lmf I believe that thing on one side is either blade or drive not throttle

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

They wear out at about 100 hrs he just let them go for that long. They use inferior parts at lease on the hrr seems like the parts they use is to make the hrx look that much better.

Oh and lmf I believe that thing on one side is either blade or drive not throttle

I kinda have to agree with exotion on this one. The Honda wheels aren't the greatest thing going but for that fact most push mower wheels aren't the best in the world. When you consider the average homeowner uses his mower maybe 30 minutes a week that's only two hours a month. If he mows for say 9 months a year it's only 18 hours a year so if the wheels wear out in the five years he used the mower to do his own lawn that's only like 90 to 100 hours give or take.