gas soaked air filter

cruizertoo

Threads
after replacing the float, needle and seat, and taking apart and putting together about 4 times, the Tecumseh carb still leaks, What am I missing? any suggestions

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you replaced the needle and seat, did you install the seat in the correct direction, rings toward the carb body and pushed in all the way. You also must make sure the large bowl gasket is not twisted. I suspect the you have a problem with the new needle and seat.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rivets is right about the needle seat. You can put it in upside down in a Tecumseh carburetor.

cruizertoo

Threads
I pulled the seat out and put back in a couple of times just to make sure the rings went towards the carb body, also tried the needle spring in both directions. Thanks for the replys

Ifixdit

Threads
I pulled the seat out and put back in a couple of times just to make sure the rings went towards the carb body, also tried the needle spring in both directions. Thanks for the replys

Make sure the seat bottoms out when you install it. Before you place the needle on the float, drop it into the seat and make sure the top of the needle is flush with the carb body or slighly lower. Once you install the float, blow into the fuel port while holding the float up. You should hear air blowing through. While still blowing, release the float and let the needle settle into the seat. The flow of air should stop. If that happens the needle and seat are set correctly. Also check the float by shaking it and make sure gas has not gotten into it. If gas is seeping into the float it won't work properly and should be replaced.