Murray Rear Engine Mower - Got Her Running today!

jbxtex

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Murray Rear Engine Mower - Got Her Running today!
'05 309008X99A broke down on previous owners so they sold it cheap as they didn't want to deal with it :licking: ...So I took the risk and bought it!!

Total damage: $75 for mower from Craigslist, $45 for battery from Autozone, $24 for fuel lines and filter from Home Depot, and $11 for starter gear kit from Austin Outdoor and Power...

Had to degum the carb with choke cleaner, drain the old fuel, clean out the gas tank, change the oil, and fabricate a cotter pin for the axle (temporary). Shes now running GREAT! Plenty of power/torque and blade spins nicely too. Normally run in the $400's on Craigslist.

I'll need to get new tires or just get inner tubes. Thinking of deleting the fuel governor though?

Briggs & Stratton 14hp I/C OHV 287707-0228-01

:cool:

Heres a video of her in action!! (blade disengaged)

noma

Threads
Hi JBXTEX

Glad to hear you got that old one running it's nice to see some thing you got running again. You should put some pictures on here so we all can see you mower. Welcome aboard to LMF to glad you stop by to see what it's all about here. Hope some day you can solve someone else's problems too.:licking::licking::licking::licking::licking: