Bent right rear axle

macsda1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello out there, I have a 2013 troy-bilt bronco lawn tractor that has either a bent right rear hub or axle. Is this something that can be replaced easily and what is the estimated price for the parts. Ive replaced axles on cars before (Hub and axle) There is a wobble in the wheel and wheel has been checked and is true. I can live with it, I'm just cutting grass with it. If I let it go would it be fine and just annoying? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

possum

Threads
If it was like that when you bought it take it back. If you bent it then live with it or figure on pulling the transaxel out of the tractor and removing the axel to either straighten it or replace it. I would imagine running it with a severe enough wobble will either take out the seal and or wear away the houseing to the point it will not keep out debris or the grease in or both.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I posted on this question yesterday, but my post seems to have disappeared. How did you bend the axle on a 2013 mower. MTD doesn't show a parts breakdown of your tranny so parts may no be available yet, so you may to live with it, or replace the tranny. If it was that way when you bought it, definitely take it back to the dealer, and let him take care of it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IL, I found the problem. I too posted yesterday and didn't see my post. Seems the original poster started two threads and we both posted on the other one.

Re: TB bronco 13YX78KS011 bent rear axle

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
IL, I found the problem. I too posted yesterday and didn't see my post. Seems the original poster started two threads and we both posted on the other one.

Re: TB bronco 13YX78KS011 bent rear axle

I found my other post about the same time you did.

macsda1

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it was like that when you bought it take it back. If you bent it then live with it or figure on pulling the transaxel out of the tractor and removing the axel to either straighten it or replace it. I would imagine running it with a severe enough wobble will either take out the seal and or wear away the houseing to the point it will not keep out debris or the grease in or both.

Thank for responding. I bought it that way it I guess was bent in shipping and sold to customer who noticed a little wobble. Lowes don't want to pay and fix it so they gave him another and sold this one to me for $300.00

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
That tractor has been dropped in shipment. If I was your neighbor I would straighten it for you but you can do it if you want to. First look to see if the transaxle housing is cracked. If not cracked, remove the wheel and take a radial run out reading of the shaft near the end and mark the high or low side and go from there. The axle will be mostly bent at the bearing entrance point.

If you need assistance on the "how to " part check back.

Last edited: