Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If someone is trying to kill you,

SHOOT THE BASTARDS!!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ladies in this instance were a teacher and her daughter.

The free press did not report on the details.

After a couple of years, it came out that the bodies were beaten with bats/clubs and their throats were slashed.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Another murder, well, just a missing mother, presumed dead.....

And in that light, her father was murdered a few years later... The specualtion involves the local police, as the main suspect in the mother's death was an ex-cop's brother, and her father was pursuing the case quite vigorisly....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, some moron wants to take my guns away....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ya know, I do carry home insurance. Why? Not because I plan on my house catching on fire or that a tornado is going to take it. I carry the insurance in case something does damage or destroy it. Same thing with defense.

So I guess you have described our government as being bad because some of us are upset with the illegals crossing our border and changing our culture and putting a burden on our economy. I want the wall just like I want the lock on my front door. It is the first line of defense.

I am still proud and feel blessed to live in this great country we call USA. It may not be great in the future if some have their ways. But I would really hate to see it go like some of the other ones have went. For those that don't like the way we live, then be happy where you are. There is evil out there and I really do not believe that one country is without this because of their government laws.

Old saying, different strokes for different folks. I like it here!

I actually have a lot of friends in the USA and this is a time honoured topic for discussion over a beer or 3
Most of them agree the "protection for your wife & family" is a bit of a male fantasy.
They also "feel safer" by having them in their houses and agree it is more of a persecption than a reality.
And most agree there is no place for assult grade military weapons in a civilised society including the ones who owned firearms.

At no time in history has a wall protected the population behind it.
Didn't work in Germany
didn't work in China
Didn't work in The UK
and the virtual wall did not work in France
It didn't even work down here against rabbits & dingoes.

Very few people actually want to leave their community & culture.
Have you ever actually sat down and had a real conversation with an illegal ?
Mostly they are forced to do so by economic necessity or for safety.
The most dangerous towns in the world ( for gun deaths ) are in Mexico.

Having an armed population did not work in Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, Syria ,Somalia, Kenya, etc etc etc.
If one of the multitude of TV evangalist that you appear to have over there started to preach for an armed uprising, the USA could very quickly turn into a basket case.
Not as silly as it sounds when you think about it , They won't take over the country but you would not want to be between them & the National Guard.
Nothing more dangerous that a fanatic who believes that God is behind him & will protect him and these people rarely come from over the border.

And as for not having borders to protect, we had over 100,000 people who came here on a false vias or came with a valid one & never went home, in 2017 ( last year for numbers )
We get around 50,000 to 100,000 of these each & every year.
Considering the small size of out population ( 31,000,000 ) we actually have a bigger border problem than the USA does.
I had a full shift of around 120 foundry workers and all of them were illegals.
They were some of the finest men I have ever known.
Most were escaping the war in Cyprus which much like Kashmire had nothing to do with them.
They worked hard, used false names so got no social security, never went to a public hospital, never did anything that could draw attention form the police for fear of being deported and because they did not have a tax file number paid the top rate of 60% income tax.
Naturally they never put in a tax return, put their kids through private church based schooling and still managed to make enough to buy houses , so cost the tax payers absolutely nothing.
Because random breath testing came in , they left the cars at home & rode pushbikes to work.
All of them were textbook citizens with not so much as a single parking ticket amongst the lot of them.

And the front door on my house is locked, the back door is not locked and never has been unless we are on holidays and even then several neighbours have keys.
I just got back for doing 3 call outs.
The workshop was open, the gate was closed but not locked, the office door is not locked & never has been

And that is real freedom.

deriter

Threads
Bert, you or I neither have enough years left for you to convince me that your liberal ways are best. I am being totally honest with you, I would not trade countries. I like Australia, but I don't care for the disarming of its people. It works for awhile, but you have no freedom. I cannot explain that to a flaming liberal, but you lost your freedom with the gun ban.

You say walls never have worked? That's unbelievable! Look at Isreal!!!!!!!!!! Look at our border where we have walls. It does work. Our own Speaker of the House Pelosi has one around her home. We have them around our white house. They do work. Are they 100%, no. Not sure what is. But it cuts down the traffic everytime they use them.

I guess you got all the saints as illegals and we got the rough necks and dirt bags. A lot of them come here for jobs and they work hard and cause no problems. But there a bunch that do cause trouble. We have hospitals that close their doors because they cannot stay in operation because of the burden.

In the medical field they have a pill for just about everything except liberalism. What you have, I don't believe can be fixed.

So Bert, its been fun but I am going to give this thing a rest now and wish you the best. We will have to call this a draw because neither of us will change our ways.

Have a good day.

Deriter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Deriter
You are fairly well correct.
However always good to be involved in an intelligent conversation with some one who has a different point of view.
Very hard to convince an atheist that there is a God or a pious religious person there is not a God.
The nutters we elected went way too far and bit by bit some of the more stupid things like air rifles & bb guns are being repealed.
We did not totally disarm which is what the NRA preaches, we REGULATED & REGISTERED.
So nothing in an Aussie home that you would find on a battlefield unless the owner is a military weaponary collector in which case he ( and it is always men ) is a member of a registered collectors organization & the weapon is stored in an dissarmed condition.
In this particular case the parts required to make the weapon operable are under lock & key at a different site to the weapon.

Hunters & target shooters also have to be members of appropriate clubs & the club is responsible for training the person in appropriate weapons safety for the weapon before they endorse his license application which then goes to the police for criminal checks.
They can loose this right if they are found to be endorsing poorly trained people and the license is a big money maker so they are fairly careful.
It is not perfect but it does work most of the time.
The Lindt Cafe gunman managed to get a gun license despite being known to have mental problems & having a record for violence.
Farmers get automatic access to a limited range of weapons without having to be a gun club member.
Joe public is allowed to use a 5 round clip, farmers get 8 round clips & ferral animal shooters also get 8 rounds and government ones have just been allowed to use silencers.

After that you have to prove you need a weapon for your work or own protection.
Women get one fairly easily but men do have to really prove their case as most gun crime is done by men.

The Lindt Cafe hostage situation was the only time the public have been caught up in gun violence since 2000.
There has been the odd person caught in crossfire but not a single mass ( 3 or more shoot ) shooting .
Not a single gun robbery and most gun crimes have been domestic violence incidents where one party had a weapon.

The fire department love this to death as they know before attending a fire or motor vehicle collision if there is a high chance of there being ammo there.

As for living in gated communities, or behind high walls at home or even feeling so unsafe in your community you have to build a safe / panic room in your own home, that is not being free, that is being a prisoner in your own home.

And the one thing that the NRA never reports is the gun control legislation was put to the people as part of the Howard Governments election platform.
And they won that election by one of the biggest swings ever seen in Australian politics.
Unlike the USA we have prefferential & compulsory voting and the Howard government won the majority of the seats and a majority of the vote by a very big margin so the people wanted the law it was not rammed down our throats by jack boot wearing nazis.
The current vote on this forum is 2:1 in favour of the NRA and that is not a great margin and there would not be many apartment dwellers on this forum so it is not a representative cross section of the USA community.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I am until my membership expires this year, I'm done with the NRA and their support of Red Flag Laws. I'm going over to GOA.