weeds on Bermuda grass

toro z

Forum Newbie
Threads
What's the best chemicals to use for Bermuda grass to get rid of the weeds?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What's the best chemicals to use for Bermuda grass to get rid of the weeds?

The best thing for you as a homeowner is some weed and feed. Or while the grass is still brown you can spray the weeds with roundup with out hurting the grass.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

possum

Threads
If the Bermuda has not greened up and began full growth then it cannot compete with weeds as of yet. If the weeds are the winter type they will die soon anyways as hotter days will finish its life cycle.

LakeRat1

Threads
If you are near a farm supply use MSMA, it will Kill the weed and wide bladed grass but not the Bermuda, I spry my yard with it just about every year

possum

Threads
MSMA has been banned by the EPA.

stygz

Threads
Actually weed and feed is not recommended for Bermuda grass. Google search Bermuda Bible. Also stay away from feritlizers with Halts. Halts is fine by itself and Scotts is also fine by itself. You just dont want to fert at the same time as Pre E.....it will just fert the weeds as the Bermuda is not ready. If the grass is dormant use Round Up. If not dormant Weed B Gone for southern lawns has worked well for me.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually weed and feed is not recommended for Bermuda grass. Google search Bermuda Bible. Also stay away from feritlizers with Halts. Halts is fine by itself and Scotts is also fine by itself. You just dont want to fert at the same time as Pre E.....it will just fert the weeds as the Bermuda is not ready. If the grass is dormant use Round Up. If not dormant Weed B Gone for southern lawns has worked well for me.

Been doing weed and feed on a golf course for years and years.

The only two things that will kill Bermuda is shade and no water. Roundup will only slow it down

stygz

Threads
Here is a well written article about the weed N' feed and general weed control. I believe the OP wants to kill weeds not the Bermuda. The Round Up is for weeds in Bermuda grass as long as the Bermuda is dormant. It seems Weed and feed only works well with broadleaf weeds and not some of the other things that may pop up.

Here is a link. The guys on the warm season grasses take it really serious. They will help you to most any level you want to take you lawn.

http://aroundtheyard.com/home1/articles/161-weed-control-the-qtriangle-approachq.html

Bermuda Bible

Bermuda Bible - aroundtheyard.com

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like with most things everyone has there way of doing things.

stygz

Threads
Reread my post I edited my links and some other parts of my post.