Worktunes and a sun hat

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the shade looks nice but honestly I probably would tear it off within the first few hours I run. I cut around too many bushes and limbs..........

jekjr,
Yeah, the Sunshade is not really appropriate for a lawn care pro(for the reason you mentioned as well as the time involved in removing and replacing it when you are driving to customer locations-it has a pretty explicit warning about "transporting" the ZTR on a trailer with the sunshade attached as I'm sure you can figure out why:0)
But even for a homeowner like me I really DO have to be a bit careful as I have two Mimosa trees with low-hanging branches that I have to mow around carefully. I had a Craftsman sunshade(was a very nice one too at about half the price I paid for the Gravely) on my 54" YS4500 Lawn Tractor. I mowed 6 years with that without an incident and two weeks before I took delivery of my Gravely, I hit one of the Mimosa's with it. Had to bend some things back in place, but I think my son will still be able to enjoy that mower for a few years(he has about two acres with absolutely no treees:0)

Threads
jekjr,
Yeah, the Sunshade is not really appropriate for a lawn care pro(for the reason you mentioned as well as the time involved in removing and replacing it when you are driving to customer locations-it has a pretty explicit warning about "transporting" the ZTR on a trailer with the sunshade attached as I'm sure you can figure out why:0)
But even for a homeowner like me I really DO have to be a bit careful as I have two Mimosa trees with low-hanging branches that I have to mow around carefully. I had a Craftsman sunshade(was a very nice one too at about half the price I paid for the Gravely) on my 54" YS4500 Lawn Tractor. I mowed 6 years with that without an incident and two weeks before I took delivery of my Gravely, I hit one of the Mimosa's with it. Had to bend some things back in place, but I think my son will still be able to enjoy that mower for a few years(he has about two acres with absolutely no treees:0)

Yep thats the bad of those theres no way to fold them down or anything to mow around trees, or for transport.

Threads
Yep thats the bad of those theres no way to fold them down or anything to mow around trees, or for transport.

There is a user on here (graydog) that has a sunshade for his mower that DOES fold down. I borrowed some of his pictures so I hope he doesn't mind. The first picture is of it up, the second is of it folded down. Also, DJ you will like this....the third picture shows the lights on his zero-turn.
graydog's sunshade up.jpg graydog's sunshade down.jpg graydog's ZTR lights.jpg
(http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/graydog-albums-great-dane-charriot-xl.html)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a user on here (graydog) that has a sunshade for his mower that DOES fold down. I borrowed some of his pictures so I hope he doesn't mind. The first picture is of it up, the second is of it folded down. Also, DJ you will like this....the third picture shows the lights on his zero-turn.
View attachment 13510 View attachment 13511 View attachment 13512
(http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/graydog-albums-great-dane-charriot-xl.html)

lmf,
Yeah, I remember seeing that post by him in a thread some time ago. That's a really cool sunshade and I looked at some "square" halogens like he's got but it looked like mounting would require drilling large holes(they had a large threaded shaft that goes though a hole and is secured by a nut on the other side). I would have had to mount those on my ROPS, because my "plastic gas tanks" are where graydog's "metal fenders" are at. Some ZTR's may have a place on the sides like that for mounting, mine didn't.