Green Slime

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many of you use Green Slime in your mower tires?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many of you use Green Slime in your mower tires?

Are you referring to using it to fix a "slow leak" where there's not an obvious foreign object sticiking out of the tire or just as a "preventive measure"? I had a Craftsman YS4500 lawn tractor that had a slow leak, but I have an air tank so I just checked it and topped it up frequently. When I got my ZTR and gave the Craftsman LT to my son, I put some green slime in the tire that had the leak because he doesn't have an air tank. That was last fall and he hasn't mentioned the tire being flat yet....so I assume the green slime fixed it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at a post entitled " Slime Tube". It should answer your questions. Don't need to rehash this subject.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look at a post entitled " Slime Tube". It should answer your questions. Don't need to rehash this subject.

I guess we can always get back to this subject. It sure can make a mess when you have to repair a tire with slime in it. As I see it, it has its place.
If you don't want to take the time to repair your tire the right way it just works great most of the time. I use it in my camp mower tires. Its always
much better not to use if you can because it deteriorates the inside of your tire in time.

Threads
I usually just plug mine if I can I had one so bad one time it looked like it had black worms coming out of it everywhere.:laughing:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I usually just plug mine if I can I had one so bad one time it looked like it had black worms coming out of it everywhere.:laughing:

Many times I have problems with them leaking at the bead. I have also run tires that were very rotten that would not hold air but a little slime and they hold air again.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Many times I have problems with them leaking at the bead. I have also run tires that were very rotten that would not hold air but a little slime and they hold air again.

I have found after a point of just too rotten the green slime wouldn't work. Maybe there is something out there that will ?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have found after a point of just too rotten the green slime wouldn't work. Maybe there is something out there that will ?

I actually ran it in a tire on a golf cart that would weep green from time to time with a green droplets.