So i went to the equipment dealer today

CauZey

Threads
So i went to the equipment dealer today looking to get some info on a Gravely ZT 34 home owner type mower for about 2200$ . Yes I know it's small and cheap but I'm on a budget. I have about ten yards a week to cut rite now and hopefully more as my business grows slowly. So I mention all this to her and she completely tells me I'm making a bad move and says if I'm on a budget that I should look at the Husqvarna RZ4222f twin brigs engine ztr for about $3300. Anybody have any advice on the Husqvarna ?? It looks great but I worry about the Briggs . Thanks in advance!

image-3820143383.jpg

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
So i went to the equipment dealer today looking to get some info on a Gravely ZT 34 home owner type mower for about 2200$ . Yes I know it's small and cheap but I'm on a budget. I have about ten yards a week to cut rite now and hopefully more as my business grows slowly. So I mention all this to her and she completely tells me I'm making a bad move and says if I'm on a budget that I should look at the Husqvarna RZ4222f twin brigs engine ztr for about $3300. Anybody have any advice on the Husqvarna ?? It looks great but I worry about the Briggs . Thanks in advance!

View attachment 12778

Husqvarna's are not a "bad" machine, but see if you can find a dealer that sells the "better Husqvarna"....aka the Dixon ZTR. Husqvarna bought Dixon out a few years back and there's a little better bang-for-your-buck in the "blue Husqvarna". I, personally bought a Gravely, but I was looking for Commercial quality that would last 10-20 years with just normal routine maintenance as a residential usage mower. You won't find that for < $3K. If you could spend around $5K and go up to the Gravely ZT HD, you would find a residential ZTR with a lot of commercial features that be OK for a lawn business entry-level. It's gonna be tough for you to find a ZTR for < $3K that will cut 10 yards/week without breaking down on you unless you go the used route:0(

CauZey

Threads
I'm def not wanting to go the used route. Did that last year and I now have none of that equipment anymore it all broke down within days. But yah I like the ZT HD's she went straight to those. But as far as I can see the deck gauge and engine HP are similar to the Husqvarna she showed me. I'm sure some of the inner workings will turn out to last longer but idk.

Parkmower

Threads
I almost bought the husq 4222f and kinda wished I did. The f stands for fabricated deck. And I also believe it has 3 blades. I don't think you can find that on another mower in that price range. I personally love Husqvarna. I run a PZ 7234f and it's my favorite mower I've ever run. I mow some big open areas and I can mow full speed on it comfortably. It's the biggest zt husq makes.
And I wouldn't worry about the Briggs. Some people complain about Briggs some Koehler. You hear a FEW complain but never hear the THOUSANDS that run them for years with no problems.

CauZey

Threads
I almost bought the husq 4222f and kinda wished I did. The f stands for fabricated deck. And I also believe it has 3 blades. I don't think you can find that on another mower in that price range. I personally love Husqvarna. I run a PZ 7234f and it's my favorite mower I've ever run. I mow some big open areas and I can mow full speed on it comfortably. It's the biggest zt husq makes.

Wow that's A big mower!

HarryHarley

Threads
I have a Grasshopper. My dealer has never let me down. Was the number one reason I bought it.
Second reason was in my travels I stopped by the highways where many were being used and asked if they liked them, problems, etc.
Took me a long time to decide, like you, before I bought.
Good luck and let use know what you do................ then next year tell us if you made the right decision!!

Attachments

• Grasshopper723K3.JPG
    Grasshopper723K3.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 20
Threads

View attachment 12778

Here is a thread comparing a Husqvarna to another mower: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/polls/10342-toro-vs-husqvarna.html.

CauZey

Threads
Thanks! What do you guys dealer charge per hour?? I asked today and this place is 75$ an hour that's like car dealer prices

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads

View attachment 12778
i have a 18hp briggs on a tractor that has been going strong for 20 years now it was my grand fathers he gave it to me and it runs like its brand new :thumbsup::thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow that's A big mower!

CauZey,
You do realize that user Parkmower's "avatar" is not the Husqvarna....right? If you click on his avatar and go to his profile he has a picture of the Husqvarna. But inded that PZ7234f he has is Husqvarna's starship ZTR and a Commercial unit in every sense of the word. But they are several thousand dollars more than the RZ series you looked at. The Commercial Husqvarna's were a bit pricey for my budget, but I did make an offer to a dealer on a 52" Dixon DX100 series(the Dixon Commercial ZTR). The DX152 is a fine machine for the money(has the same Kawasaki FX691v commercial engine as my Gravely and a nice foldable ROPS). The downside was the aluminum-housing spindles where the Gravely had the commercial cast-iron housings(with a 3-Year Warranty). I would have been happy with the Dixon, though, if the dealer had come down another $200 from his asking price.