Air compressor belt, YIKES

okiepc

Threads
The belt on my shop air compressor gave up the ghost so I took it to the local NAPA store to get a new one, quote $17+tax. Took the belt to the local ACE Hardware $6.81+tax, guess which one I bought? These two stores are about 3 blocks apart so driving & fuel did not come into the mix. Yes, the NAPA belt may or may not have been a better quality belt but the ACE belt was Mitsubishi, probably a good quality belt also. I use the compressor very little, just for those occasions when needed, the ten bucks I saved feels good in my pocket. :thumbsup::laughing:

KubotaJohn

Threads
The belt on my shop air compressor gave up the ghost so I took it to the local NAPA store to get a new one, quote $17+tax. Took the belt to the local ACE Hardware $6.81+tax, guess which one I bought? These two stores are about 3 blocks apart so driving & fuel did not come into the mix. Yes, the NAPA belt may or may not have been a better quality belt but the ACE belt was Mitsubishi, probably a good quality belt also. I use the compressor very little, just for those occasions when needed, the ten bucks I saved feels good in my pocket. :thumbsup::laughing:

That depends, was it a Gatorback belt from napa?

okiepc

Threads
That depends, was it a Gatorback belt from napa?

Nope, it was just a common v-belt, this is just a 15 gallon AJAX compressor, kinda old, but works very well, 0 psi to 120 psi in just a few minuets.:thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It can sure pay to shop. I do this all the time when I am buying parts. Don't give up shopping at NAPA because you can find sometimes it can
go the other way. I have found NAPA belts can be on the pricey side and just as cheap or cheaper at the dealers. You are also lucky having
a local hardware store with decent prices because our local hardware store isn't.

Threads
It can sure pay to shop. I do this all the time when I am buying parts. Don't give up shopping at NAPA because you can find sometimes it can
go the other way. I have found NAPA belts can be on the pricey side and just as cheap or cheaper at the dealers. You are also lucky having
a local hardware store with decent prices because our local hardware store isn't.

Yep you got to for the best price I know I do.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well done,
Smart shoppers benefit all of us.....
Thanks

Bison

Threads
One can spend $10 in gas and an hour or more in time trying to save $5.on a part :smile:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
One can spend $10 in gas and an hour or more in time trying to save $5.on a part :smile:

Yes this can well be, but I shop for parts with the phone within a circle of businesses as to who has the part and price. This does take time,
but with me being retired time doesn't matter that much. If I was in a business to make a living, no you can't spend 10 dollars to save 5. In
my location most all auto parts stores and John Deere have free delivery. Then also on a nice summer day and if it is a small part I just enjoy
hopping on the motorcycle and going for a ride after parts.

Bison

Threads
A quote from Einstein or..... a scammer?