Makita Chain Saws

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a friend that has a Makita Chainsaw. His brother bought it at a pawnshop used in Pensacola. I had never heard of such. It have been doing a good job for them for a year or so now. Does anybody know who makes this saw? Is it a saw that is made by another mfg. company painted green with Makita's name on it or do they actually have a factory that makes chainsaws?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a friend that has a Makita Chainsaw. His brother bought it at a pawnshop used in Pensacola. I had never heard of such. It have been doing a good job for them for a year or so now. Does anybody know who makes this saw? Is it a saw that is made by another mfg. company painted green with Makita's name on it or do they actually have a factory that makes chainsaws?

Makita chain saws are made by there Makita subsiduary the Dolmar company and are supposed to be an excellent saw.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Makita chain saws are made by there Makita subsiduary the Dolmar company and are supposed to be an excellent saw.

Awesome, I have heard of them. As I posted in the other post on saws We ran Jonsered saws but we had friends that ran the Sachs Dolmar saws back then as well and they were incredible saws as well. I never see any of either one in the south any more.

Back in the early 60's when I was a kid my grandfather was a logger and all they ran was the old 66 Homelite saws or either the old big Poulan saws. Seems like the Poulan had a 70 in the number. I don't think that there were any other brands around here available. Today Poulan and Homelite are considered pretty much bottom of the line saws.

Threads

I'll 2nd that, good equipment.

Threads
066 what brand saws are most common in New Zealand?
years ago (30-40), big Homelite & McColluch saws were used in forestry work here both in the north island & south island & domestic users would also use the big saws too, nowdays it's Stihl or Husqvarna big & small, Makita has been in the background quietly making it's name heard as has Shindiawa / Echo. I work at a shop that sells both Stihl & Husqvarna saws & has done for 20 years+, if we were to ever loose either Stihl or Husqvarna, the boss says that he will put Makita in the shop to fill the quality gap.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
years ago (30-40), big Homelite & McColluch saws were used in forestry work here both in the north island & south island & domestic users would also use the big saws too, nowdays it's Stihl or Husqvarna big & small, Makita has been in the background quietly making it's name heard as has Shindiawa / Echo. I work at a shop that sells both Stihl & Husqvarna saws & has done for 20 years+, if we were to ever loose either Stihl or Husqvarna, the boss says that he will put Makita in the shop to fill the quality gap.

I read some where after we started this thread that the Makita is the same as a Sachs Dolmar which is made in Germany. 30 years ago that was a great saw. I am not sure any more.

Threads
yeah there were only a handfull around backthen, not as popular as homelite, Mccolluch, stihl.
parts were hard to get.