How to remove air in hydraulic system.

gregjo1948

Threads
Ferris ISZ KAV 23/61 serial 2495 How can I check for and /or remove air from my hydraulic system? I bought this mower with a bad motor and have installed a new one. I installed new hydraulic filters without filling them with fluid first. The machine moves forward poorly and barely moves backwards on a level garage floor. I've adjusted the linkage which was almost dead on. I'm thinking that air in the system might be my problem. Is it a self bleeder or a way to manually bleed the air out? I can't believe both pumps would die at the same time.Thank you for any help you may render. gregjo1948

gregjo1948

Threads
I have solved my problem. Under the machine and on the hydraulic pumps, there are bypass valves which can be used to disengage the hydraulics for moving the machine without engine power. On my older mower, there are two round knobs( in front of motor about the height of the motor) attached to cables which disengage the hydraulics. On this newer mower there are levers about 5/16" diameter and 4" long on the pumps under the machine. They had gotten moved about half way. With the bypass valves positioned properly, it's moving great. These bypass valves are also there to bleed the air out of the hydraulic system. I hope this info is helpful. Thanks for reading, gregjo1948

Threads
I have solved my problem. Under the machine and on the hydraulic pumps, there are bypass valves which can be used to disengage the hydraulics for moving the machine without engine power. On my older mower, there are two round knobs( in front of motor about the height of the motor) attached to cables which disengage the hydraulics. On this newer mower there are levers about 5/16" diameter and 4" long on the pumps under the machine. They had gotten moved about half way. With the bypass valves positioned properly, it's moving great. These bypass valves are also there to bleed the air out of the hydraulic system. I hope this info is helpful. Thanks for reading, gregjo1948

I'm glad you solved your problem! :smile: Good job! :thumbsup:

mcasey

Forum Newbie
Threads
The newly installed hydraulic filters would fill the fluid first. Such machine move forward and backwards on a level garage floor. The linkage were almost dead on. The hydraulic system cannot be a problem in many of the cases. It is a self bleeder in different perspective. It should not happen in many of the circumstances as both of the pumps would die at the same instat of time. Thank you all for your efforts.