Husqvarna Trimmer trouble

joshlw

Forum Newbie
Threads
My dad had a friend put a new fuel line from the primer bulb to the carb on his weed trimmer and the gas will not go in the carb. What im saying is the gas goes into the primer bulb fine and when you pull the hose off at the carb it pumps fuel fine. With the line on the carb the bulb just gets really tight and gas want go into carb. What is wron with this thing?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like the fuel lines on the primer are reversed. Line from carb to primer should be on the suction side of primer bulb, Line from primer to fuel tank should be on the outlet side of primer.

Fuel should go from tank to carb, carb to primer, primer to tank.

joshlw

Forum Newbie
Threads
you were dead on and it fired right up ! But at full throttle it will bog off! It was not doing this before the lines where replaced. What could it be? Fires up fine and idles great, but under fast or full throttle boggs off. If I put my fingers over the air intake it runs fine and idle fine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Running lean at top speed. Either the carb needs cleaned or the high speed needle screw needs turned out slightly.

For what it is worth i have seen brand new out of the box poulan trimmers with the lines reversed from the factory.