BUYING A GOOD MOWER

Threads
I am thinking about buying a backup mower for the 2013 mowing season. I want it to be almost as good as my Honda HRX. I have my Honda HRR as my backup mower now, but it is bad! I want a backup mower than I won't mind using. Should I muster up the money and buy another HRX (and maybe alternate using my one I already have and that one) or should I buy a Toro (one with the 190cc engine like my HRX) (since it is cheaper than my Honda)? Any other brands? And if you say "Toro", which one? Some people have bad things to say about certain Toro's.
:anyone:

D2hornets58

Threads
I am thinking about buying a backup mower for the 2013 mowing season. I want it to be almost as good as my Honda HRX. I have my Honda HRR as my backup mower now, but it is bad! I want a backup mower than I won't mind using. Should I muster up the money and buy another HRX (and maybe alternate using my one I already have and that one) or should I buy a Toro (one with the 190cc engine like my HRX) (since it is cheaper than my Honda)? Any other brands? And if you say "Toro", which one? Some people have bad things to say about certain Toro's.
:anyone:

Do you want to buy new or used. And are you only looking for a push mower?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper
N
A
P
P
E
R

If you like what you have then get one more and use both.

I used a Honda this week and I liked it all but the front wheel drive.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
Do you want to buy new or used. And are you only looking for a push mower?

New, and yes, a "push mower". I don't want to spend the money to buy a riding mower until I can no longer get all my lawns done in a week with a 21 in. mower (unless I was to buy an Exmark Lazer Z!:thumbsup::laughing:)

Threads
Snapper
N
A
P
P
E
R

If you like what you have then get one more and use both.

I used a Honda this week and I liked it all but the front wheel drive.

What Honda did you use that has FWD?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry had Honda on my mind. It is a toro

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
Oh, OK. All Toro's don't have FWD, correct? I like RWD.

Just the lower end ones have front wheel drive I think.
I liked the way it cut but not as good as my snapper. But really not fair to compare a toro or Honda push mowers to a $1500 snapper

Threads
Just the lower end ones have front wheel drive I think.
I liked the way it cut but not as good as my snapper. But really not fair to compare a toro or Honda push mowers to a $1500 snapper

What Snapper mower is $1,500??? Not the push mowers, correct?? Are you talking about the RER?

Threads
OK. I am stuck. I can't decide which brand of mower to buy as a backup mower. I am down to: Honda or Snapper. Also, I can't decide if I want to spend the extra $100 if I decide to get the Honda and get another 217HRX (which I love), or try the 217VKA. If I get a Snapper I know I would get the Ninja Series one: Ninja® Push Mower | Snapper Walk Behind Mowers. HELP!

Last edited: