Engine My ferris mower will not stay running.

scarcelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ferris isz25k mower. When I start it, it runns for about 5 seconds and shuts down.

slammed

Threads
I have a ferris isz25k mower. When I start it, it runns for about 5 seconds and shuts down.

Sounds like something in the fuel system. Try cleaning the carb, change the filter, check the lines, and the tank for trash.

scarcelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks i thoght it may be the oil level. is there a cencer for that?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending on the engine your may have an oil sensor. Please post engine model numbers. Then we will be able to check for sensors and give you some possible solutions. In the mean time you could remove the float bowl, clean it and the main jet.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has an oil sensor, such as some Kohler models, you could be full of oil but if the sensor is bad, it may shut the engine down when the oil starts to move around.

scarcelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the carb. apart and are checking all fuel posible problems. So far all looks good Oil level is good. it seems to me some thing is shutting down the engine. this is why I asked about the sensor I will check engine type when I get time and post it. thanks

slammed

Threads
I have the carb. apart and are checking all fuel posible problems. So far all looks good Oil level is good. it seems to me some thing is shutting down the engine. this is why I asked about the sensor I will check engine type when I get time and post it. thanks

Let us know what you find to be the problem.

scarcelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mod. # is CV25S, It's a Kohler. The spec # is 59532.