My New Mower!

cutty1998

Threads
After 12 years of using my Beloved Dura-Force ,(R.I.P.) I ended up purchasing a 4 stroke model -10685 ,and I must say , I am pretty impressed ! I searched for another Dura-force, but just could not wait ,as my lawn was getting to be about 1 ' tall ! Does anyone else here use this model? If so ,what are your thoughts ? Glad to find this forum . I got it used for $125 ,it looks like it was not used that much.It does puff some white smoke every now and then ,so I believe my crankcase Breather needs to be replaced.I checked the oil ,and it is not contaminated,so I think that must be it. Is it possible to replace it myself or should I take it to a shop ? Any input greatly appreciated !

Attachments

• Lawn Boy 009.jpg
    Lawn Boy 009.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Lawn Boy 010.jpg
    Lawn Boy 010.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 42

okiepc

Threads
:welcome: to the forum, nice mower ya got there. :thumbsup:

cutty1998

Threads
Thank you ! I never thought I would use a 4 stroke mower again ,But this mower just chomped through my 1 foot high grass like butter.My dura-force used to choke out on much shorter grass.So I am impressed so far!

scott47429

Threads
very nice mower i like to 4 stroke better seems like they have more power then the 2 stroke I'm not much of a 2 stroke fan any more

turfboy1997

Threads
well in the defense of the duraforce 2 stroke, they were jetted too small (emission standards) making them bog like crazy in thick grass because they run too lean. The F series lawnboys have an air adjustment on them and they will dust a 4 stroke when adjusted properly. Nothing but a two stroke lawn boy will be touching my lawn. If you ever get a chance to jump on an f series lawn boy do it because you will not want to mow with anything else after using it!

Fireman 123

Threads
I agree 100% with turfboy. I have a F powered Gold Series with a metal walbro carb that's smooth as silk. Can't beat it.

scott47429

Threads
i have a F series lawn boy myself and i would let someone have it for what i have in it if they want i hate that thing i would rather use my John Deere 14 SB over it anyway as a matter of fact i would rather use my murray as that lawn boy but thats just my opinion

cutty1998

Threads
well in the defense of the duraforce 2 stroke, they were jetted too small (emission standards) making them bog like crazy in thick grass because they run too lean. The F series lawnboys have an air adjustment on them and they will dust a 4 stroke when adjusted properly. Nothing but a two stroke lawn boy will be touching my lawn. If you ever get a chance to jump on an f series lawn boy do it because you will not want to mow with anything else after using it!
I have heard about those. I would like to get my hands on one. What years were they made ? I have always loved 2 strokes. Owned many Motorcycles,and some of my faves were 2-strokes.

cutty1998

Threads
Crazy thing! I was just watching the film "Adventureland" ,and James was using an F-series when Freego came up and punched him in the nuts !!

turfboy1997

Threads
The f lawn boys were made from 1978 to about 1996 or 1997. Then toro produced the dura force in 1998 to 2004. Where do you live I will buy the F off you right now! Bet the exhaust ports are clogged or it needs a carb job if the Briggs or honda John Deere out performs it. I have redone about 10 f series mowers and half of them had dirty exhaust ports and the carb had trash in it. That is just my opinion! John Deere makes a great mower, but they are also expensive as sin for just using a cookie cutter motor. Again just my opinion!