YT3000 28851, good choice or not so good?

dpmaccani

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am considering buying a new lawn tractor. Previously I had a Cub Cadet LT1042, which I had problems with from day one. I am thinking of buying a Craftsman YT3000 28851 to mow about 1.5 acres. I would appreciate any feedback.

DPM

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion, if you had problems with your Cub, your are going to have even more problems in two years by going with Crapman.

Threads
Yeah, personally I would NOT go with a Craftsman.

m&p45

Threads
What problems are associated with the YT3000?

I think they are just not fans of craftsman all together. For what it's worth that series tractor had decent reviews on craftsman's web site. My thoughts are if you take care of the machine (treat it good and maintain it) it will take care of you. Just my :2cents: I've never owned a craftsman mower but I do have a craftsman trimmer that's never let me down.

scott47429

Threads
Craftsman isn't the top of the line but at the same time its not a bad mower at all i have had a few of them and i buy them all the time off crags list to sell and there the one that sell the fastest and the ones i have less to do to in order to get them ready to sell i work on all brands and there not the ones i see in the shop all the time my dad has the LT 5000 and loves it and has had it for years so if thats what you like and it fits your needs and your budget buy it as long as you take care of it you should have many years of trouble free mowing

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well it's taken years of teardown , reassembly and mod to get my DYT 4000 to stay together. I haven't cracked the code of the model designators on the sheet metal of the Craftsman line. Mine is a DYT 4000 . That similarity would scare me. Intek 24.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
m&p45is correct, i don't like them. All manufactures will give great ratings on their units. People always ask me what units I make my money on. My stock answer is. New sales Toro and Ariens. Repairs, MTD-Murray-Craftsman. What do I get the most as trade-in, MTD-Murray-Craftsman. There's a reason they cost less, you get what you pay for.

WCBcoor

Threads
I have owned one Craftsman, 19HP 42" cut, since 1992. I had to have professional service once - my son hit a groundroot and put the blade through the front of the deck - but no fault of the machine. Two years ago I did have some issues with the fuel system that took a bit of trial and error to resolve. Oil gets changed once a year, fuel stabilizer is added and battery is pulled for winter. I replaced the last original tire on the machine this past Saturday This machine lives outdoors since I don't have a shed or garage; it lives under a 72" grill cover and has been stored that way year round since it was new. It has a minor amount of rust on the deck but still starts and runs great. I think that no matter what brand of machine you get, there are ones that will run forever with minimal care and others that will give you problems. I have had excellent luck with my Craftsman and would not hesitate to purchase another.