Procut 32 not cutting well

phillie14586

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Procut 32 with a 72" deck. When mowing I tend to get a strip of uncut grass between the middle blade and the left blade, non-discharge side. I also get the random uncut seed stalk from weeds. Sometimes this is bad enough that on the next pass I notice I am recutting about one blades worth wide. When I first got the mower used I thought it might be old dull blades so I got new Gator high lift blades but still have the same problem. I do have the deck and blades set about as high as I can get them. Is this a problem of having the blades too high or is it something else?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some decks & some blade designs can not function at the highest settings because of the air turbulence that is usually directed out to the right when the deck is low & when the deck is too high the grass is blown down instead of lifted ....

But before you figure it is the deck design, check the pulley on the left & center spindles ... you may have a problem and the left or center blades are not turning at full RPM because of a slippage at the pulley.... :smile:KennyV