Starting Cub Cadet LTX1045 (Kohler Engine)

Dale1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
This machine has less than 35 hours on it. It has always been hard to start cold. With the assistance of starting fluid, it starts and runs fine. Warm starts are no problem; cold starts will grind and grind without removing the intake shield and squirting fluid on the filter.

Must I live with this irritation, or is there a fix?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the air filter off and look into the carb, with the choke on, make sure that the choke is closing all the way. Most Kohlers have an adjustment screw back by the governor arm to adjust the choke closing. If not you may be able to bend the linkage at the z to get the choke to close all the way.

Dale1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the air filter off and look into the carb, with the choke on, make sure that the choke is closing all the way. Most Kohlers have an adjustment screw back by the governor arm to adjust the choke closing. If not you may be able to bend the linkage at the z to get the choke to close all the way.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that tonight and get back to you. Thanks again.

Dale1944

Forum Newbie
Threads

The choke was not closing -- there was about an eighth of an inch gap. I closed this using the adjustment screw, and now it starts immediately even with a stone cold engine.

Thank you so much for your swift and insightful response.