TB Rider Model 13WX79KT011 Shuts down when PTO is engaged

mmoody

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TB Rider Model 13WX79KT011 Shuts down when PTO is engaged
Third time in for warranty for the same issue, and the Techs are scatching their heads. THe last time they replaced the ignition switch, but the same scenerio. The mower works fine for approx. 1 hr. then shuts down while mowing. I can disengage the PTO to keep it running and sometimes when I engage the PTO I can mow for a little longer, but the time period gets shorter on every try. It seems like some safety device is getting hot and shutting it down. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is a bearing on the deck getting hot and locking up the deck. Can you still drive the mower without the deck engaged ? If you can drive the mower without the deck engaged then I would look at either a bad deck bearing or the reverse safety switch.

mmoody

Forum Newbie
Threads
They changed the ignition switch and a pulley that was noisy the last time. It doesn't seem to be binding at all, its like you turned off the key. The reverse switch was mentioned when I took it in Monday. The problem has been mowing in foeward gear. I know, when it comes to safety shutdowns, it could be any switch.