McCulloch M145-107H

Chevy

Threads
Hi, I am planing to buy a McCulloch M145-107H, because of price and extra stuff you can get. But does anyone know how this mower is? I know its a good BS engine, but when I see other brands with the same 500cc BS engine, it is tuned to 15.5, 17.5 and 19.5 hk, and the McCulloch is only 12.5 hk? Someone told me its because of pulling power is stronger and top speed slower?? And last, is McCulloch, Partner and Craftsmann the same? They look just the same, and the same equipment also..?
(sorry my bad english writing)

scott47429

Threads
the reason they all look alike is cause there all made by MTD they make so many different mowers including Husqvarna Craftsman And Toro now and thats just a start

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
scott47429 said:
the reason they all look alike is cause there all made by MTD they make so many different mowers including Husqvarna Craftsman And Toro now and thats just a start

Did not know MTD made craftsman I thought AYP made them

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
And McCulloch is owned by Husqvarna

Chevy

Threads
That I know, it stands Husqvarna all over the box of the mcculloch trimmer..hehe. But it also says Partner.. So my mcculloch is a HusParCulloch made by MTD? Lol, u dont always have to pay extra to get a well known brand!

Sent from my E15i using LMF

Chevy

Threads
Or a McCraftParTorQvarna! Oh man.. So what do you go for? The expensive brand or the cheap one? Any suggestion to an alternative to McCulloch 145? Not just the mower, but availeble extra's!

possum

Threads
From the looks of them they are some kind of AYP type product. They do not look to be a MTD product. Now days namebrands are rented or sold to various stores and then made by any company who makes the bid. But that looks like a Husky or a Poulan to me. 12.5 horsepower in a Briggs is usually the smaller powerbuilt, around 350cc. Find out who your service center is and ask them, they should know.

Chevy

Threads
They said its a 500cc with 12.6 hk and on mcculloch's web page it says 500cc and 8.7 kw. The 344cc is 5.8 kw, but u can also get the same 500cc with 9 kw and the 344cc with 6 kw?! Why do they have the same cc class engine with different kw? My head cant make this out..but then I'm not a engine expert either.