stiga park pro lawn tractor project, i need help please....

ACDC

Threads
  • / stiga park pro lawn tractor project, i need help please....
i have a stiga park pro 16 project with a 14hp Briggs and Stratton v-twin vanguard . i got it for free a few years ago as a project but i have only just got round to it. it has got that that many problems, these are some that i can think of now;
-engine has nearly completely seized
-carb has rusted slightly inside
-fuel pump/distribtor has rust inside so im planning on getting a rebuild kit for that
-ignition switch has got a broken key inside
-brake/clutch cable, throttle cable have snapped and broke in places

-But here is the main thing which i am unsure of. there is some wiring next to the engine which has burnt out one part i can tell where it goes (regulator wiring). but some im not sure where it goes. if the photo uploads i have circled the wiring that had burnt out and where i think it goes, please would you tell me if you think im correct or not. any help would be much appreciated

Also could anyone help on how to unseize the engine. it has not completely seized but it is close to. i was think of putting oil down the spark plug hole to see if that does anything. it has not been started for the few years i have had it and for however long before i got it. i think the orignal death of it was the wiring but last owner left it stored outside in all weathers so that it why i think the carb and pump have rusted.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 01092010725.jpg
    01092010725.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 28

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Better if you say where the wire's are coming from....! to be sure.
I use Paraffin (Kerosene) remove spark plug fill and leave for a week or two, just keep topping up. remember to remove oil plug. it will work if its the rings that are the problem.

ACDC

Threads
Better if you say where the wire's are coming from....! to be sure.
I use Paraffin (Kerosene) remove spark plug fill and leave for a week or two, just keep topping up. remember to remove oil plug. it will work if its the rings that are the problem.

the wires just come out of the chassis, and i think i tracked them sometime in the past and they went to the fuses

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If they go to fuse's then they don't go to earth (ground) has you have pointed out in you're photo, post up the engine/type numbers.
And if you find out the colour of the wire's that would help.

Last edited:

ACDC

Threads
If they go to fuse's then they don't go to earth (ground) has you have pointed out in you're photo, post up the engine/type numbers.
And if you find out the colour of the wire's that would help.

the colour of the wires are black and white
here are the codes for the engine
-model: 294777
-type: 0335-027272
-code: 93052411

other codes on the lawn tractor are
-art nr: 13-6216-11
-serie nr: 1043222

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going by the wiring diagram it shows a White wire 0.75mm coming from the ignition on engine to Hour meter and then onto M ignition switch.
Only Black wire I can see on the diagram is 1.5mm and go's to the light.
You are just going to have to make a note of what is and isn't connected.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are the circled wires connected to the white wire with the connector on the right in the pic?
If so then thats an earth wire for your coils.
If they are burnt then the diodes have failed.
Could do with a better pic.

ACDC

Threads
thanks for all the help Engineman, i would of wired it up wrong without the help. i havent been able to get out to do work on it as the weather is not good. also, why do you think the wires burnt out originally and might i be able to get it to run without doing the repairs before the attempt to get it running. i cant try yet as i still need to get the pump rebuild kit, ignition switch and clean the carb.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks for all the help Engineman, i would of wired it up wrong without the help. i havent been able to get out to do work on it as the weather is not good. also, why do you think the wires burnt out originally and might i be able to get it to run without doing the repairs before the attempt to get it running. i cant try yet as i still need to get the pump rebuild kit, ignition switch and clean the carb.

I would do all the damage wiring if you are going for a rebuild, and before I would try and start it, has for why it had a fire, there many reasons, one I can think for is if you have fuel/oil over the engine all you need then is heat or a spark and you will have fire...!,
make sure you have the engine turning before you do any work on it (cost) unless you going to go for replacement engine. goodluck and come back when you are ready.

ACDC

Threads
ok thanks for all the help. once i have done the project i will add a new reply to this post with pictures and information on how it went. thanks again for all the help im very grateful. i will buy the ignition switch and try and free up the engine. if i can get the engine to turn i will buy the rest of everything i need for it. if not, i dont know what ill do with it.