Bolens

carla6

Threads
I think Bolens makes the best large-scale, commercial mower. Does anyone out there agree with me. If not, what do you think is the best make and model ?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think Bolens makes the best large-scale, commercial mower. Does anyone out there agree with me. If not, what do you think is the best make and model ?
I didn't think Bolens makes a "commercial" mower any more. As far as I know Bolens is a brand name used by MTD to market thier stuff.
MTD is good, homeowner grade equipment. I don't think you could be competitive with any of their stuff at least not where I live. I have one of thier walk behind mowers and it has performed very well for about 10 years. I suspect I run it until the wheels fall of. Which won't be long as it shakes like a wet dog:smile:.
Bolens manufactured mowers and tractors ( they imported iseki's with a Bolens label) years ago and had an excellent reputation, but as far as i know they don't exist as such any more

Last edited:

Deerlope

Forum Newbie
Threads
The good old Bolens like these are gone. These two are restores and work everyday.

Attachments

• The Boys 001.jpg
    The Boys 001.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 35
  • The Boys 002.jpg
    The Boys 002.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 19
  • The Boys 003.jpg
    The Boys 003.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 23

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
This was my last Bolens tractor, I sold it a couple of years ago. It ran great but parts were way to expensive, so I let it go when I bought my Ford. It was a very well built machine manufactured by Iseki for Bolens.

Attachments

• Bolens G192.JPG
    Bolens G192.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 28