free stihl 021 bogs down at wide open throttle

Tom7461

Forum Newbie
Threads
Before you do all this carb work and stuff take two minutes and turn the high speed screw out 1 turn counterclockwise at a time and check after each adjustment. Saw is bogging down at full throttle because it is starving for fuel.
When I do this I start the saw, let it warm up for a minute or two, get my special adjustment tool ready and pull the trigger and rotate the high screw both ways and you will hear it bog when you go clockwise (in) shutting down fuel) then go counter clockwise till it revs and then starts sounding like a warble and come back till you find the best. Don't take too long doing this as it should only take 30 seconds of adjusting to find happy position at full throttle.
Hope this helps
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Before you do all this carb work and stuff take two minutes and turn the high speed screw out 1 turn counterclockwise at a time and check after each adjustment. Saw is bogging down at full throttle because it is starving for fuel.
When I do this I start the saw, let it warm up for a minute or two, get my special adjustment tool ready and pull the trigger and rotate the high screw both ways and you will hear it bog when you go clockwise (in) shutting down fuel) then go counter clockwise till it revs and then starts sounding like a warble and come back till you find the best. Don't take too long doing this as it should only take 30 seconds of adjusting to find happy position at full throttle.
Hope this helps
Tom

HEY Tom .... Like some of us, you missed the posting date of this post, ( 2012 ) I do it as well as MANY of us do.. Don't worry, .. we'll laugh at ya AND with ya !! .. :laughing:...:thumbsup: