Recent content by tim4

  1. T

    John Deer Pulley Problem

    I am working on a john deer d105 which has a pulley problem. The variable speed pulley that goes on the shaft of the transmission seems to be missing something. It fits on the transmission shaft fine and there is a spring that goes on top of the variable pulley. There is nothing holding the...
  2. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I took the tire to a mower shop and he seated both beads using a machine that had a bottom air blast feature then he pulled up the tire to seat the top bead and he took a air nozzle and put it on the valve stem and the beads popped in place. He used a wikco industries self change 160 with tool...
  3. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    Do they make tire ringss for mower tires. They look like a doughnut and after you pput tire lub on it you put it on the rim and when the tire fills with air it will pop off the rim.
  4. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I found a way to modify a harbor freight tire changer so I can mount smaller tires. The bench one they sell is too chincy.
  5. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I bought a harbor freight manual tire changer that bolts to the flor and I thought since it will do 8 inch tires it would come with a adapter to do riding mower tires but it did not. Is there a adapter you can get to fit on it to do mower tires?
  6. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I was wondering what small tire changer should I buy to use with riding mower tires instead of doing it with tire irons. I already have a coats 3030a for larger tires. Also should I get a bench type or one that mounts to the garage floor.
  7. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    Now I understand. I thought you have to put a tube in the tire while it was on the rim.
  8. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I figured if you are going to put a tube in the tire to expand it you should leave the tube in there.
  9. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I even tried 2 straps.
  10. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I tried the ether trick but the new ether does not burn like the original ether so the tire won't pop on.
  11. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I had one of those that burst air inside the tire could not get it to seat a tire.
  12. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I just bought a 31431 which is made from ken tool so when it comes in I will try it.
  13. T

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I replaced a new rear tire which is 20 by 8 on the rim and I can't get the tire to seat on the rim. I used a ratchet strap but it does not bring the tire close enough to the rim and i am using a garage type compressor.
  14. T

    Cub cadette pto removal problem

    It is a customer's machine and that pulley is stuck too so I am not going to bother with that one.
  15. T

    Cub cadette pto removal problem

    I took both steering arms off the gear and fitted a clam shell puller bearly behind the clutch. I kept tightening the puller and had to hit the end with a hammer then tighten the puller again and repeat about 10 times and I got it off. Thanks for the help
Back
Top