Recent content by l008com

  1. l008com

    Fuel line in a fuel line.... fuel filter?

    So I thought this installed the other way, which is why I was confused. Like with the 'head' inside the tank not the line. This should be easy enough to reinstall, assuming it doesn't break :D
  2. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    Finally posted the full repair video. The whole repair kind of turned into a mess but I think I was able to squeeze out a decent enough video. I will be glad when this lawnmower sells and is out of my life :D
  3. l008com

    Fuel line in a fuel line.... fuel filter?

    Yikes, I can't imagine I can swap that without destroying it, but we'll see . . .
  4. l008com

    Fuel line in a fuel line.... fuel filter?

    So I disconnected the fuel line on this GVC 190 motor and it was kinda stuck. So I pulled harder and this was the result. I assume the orange thing is part of a fuel filter? If so, how do you install it? And why didn't it slide out of the fuel line when I was pulling on it? And even if it HAD...
  5. l008com

    Serial Number Location

    Looks like this may be the answer to my own question. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm near the machine https://engines.honda.com/support-and-service/serial-number-locator
  6. l008com

    Serial Number Location

    I have a craftsman mower with a Honda GVC190 motor. Anyone know where they hide the motor model number on these things? Its about 15 years old, and I was able to find the body model label easy enough. But nothing for the motor.
  7. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    Ok heres the final repair. It doesn't run truly perfect but its absolutely good enough for me. Its on craigslist and fb marketplace right now, and I'll be mowing with it with my seafoam gas every week until it sells, which is hopefully soon. This project took way longer than expected...
  8. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    Yup the gasket was blocking the..... primer's airhole, I guess you'd call it? I used a different gasket with a hole there, it needed some minor mods but now everything is lined up and its 3am so I can't test it now but I suspect just like a healthy snowblower, three primes and it will be good...
  9. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    I started it up again during the daytime this time and it definitely runs way way better than before. The plan is still to mow the lawn with it friday. But in the meantime, its still really hard to start. It came with a new primer bulb, which I installed. But even after priming, I have to pull...
  10. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    Carb #3 is very promising! I only ran a short test because it was 930pm :) But it seemed to be running MUCH smoother. Not perfect, but pretty good. I'll do a full lawn mow with it next week and then I think I'm going to finally call this one done.
  11. l008com

    Yard Man Collects a LOT of Grass Around the Motor

    I didn't like the adhesive strip options at the hardware store, but its a very thin gap so a layer or two of gorilla tape should fix this problem and not even be noticeable.
  12. l008com

    Yard Man Collects a LOT of Grass Around the Motor

    This is actually the FIRST mulching mower I've ever owned that needed a plug. They are crazy expensive. Thats too bad, I could probably build one out of scrap wood and prime and paint it. But all things considered, I think my best bet is to just use some kind of adhesive foam to make a little...
  13. l008com

    Yard Man Collects a LOT of Grass Around the Motor

    Ahhh I think that might be it! And at $50 each, guess who's NOT buying one! lol
  14. l008com

    Yard Man Collects a LOT of Grass Around the Motor

    So I used this machine for the first time yesterday and it has some weird grass behavior. All that grass around the motor, it does that very quickly. With the rear flap closed, as shown, most of the grass shoots out the bottom of the flap, but some of it shoots out the top, right under the...
  15. l008com

    Surging motor on NEW carb!?

    So, the recent developments above have me leaning towards the new carb just being bad. With that in mind, today I just had a few minutes to work on the machine but I really had to get my lawn mowed today. So I figured F-it. I took the new carb off, I cleaned the old carb for the 3rd time, poking...
Back
Top