Recent content by JRD1054Cub

  1. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler Courage sounds like it’s gonna blow

    Finally figured out it was a blown head gasket and needed some valve adjusting. 2 center spindles weren’t working right. Not seazed but just not right. And tensioner wasn’t acting right. I love the 54” cut so I really don’t want to part with it. And I’ve already put a lot of work into it...
  2. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler Courage sounds like it’s gonna blow

    Cub SLTX 1054 Kohler Courage 26 725cc This season, it has really been hurting. Last time out, 2 weeks ago, it was doing ok. Takes a few min before it wants to start. Once started, after a couple min, with PTO engaged, it will really struggle. The engine literally feels like it’s going to...
  3. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler turns over. Won’t start.

    I checked the solenoid and the pin is free. Moving smoothly. As well as the carb plunger. It was actually pretty clean when I removed it. When I removed the fuel line into the carb, it was free flowing so I know it’s getting fuel.
  4. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler turns over. Won’t start.

    And now that you mention the lines delaminating… they definitely looked enlarged on the inside.
  5. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler turns over. Won’t start.

    I’ll post a quick video. No, I learned the hard way, to use OEM only. I flushed the fuel tank and re-filled. The one thing I did not do was replace the fuel lines. I yanked the carb and cleaned it yesterday and made sure the seal was still good. Battery is newer. So please ignore it losing a bit...
  6. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler turns over. Won’t start.

    I had a feeling it’s something to do with the carb. Thanks. I’ll yank it this weekend and hopefully that’s the issue.
  7. JRD1054Cub

    Kohler turns over. Won’t start.

    2009 SLTX1054 Kohler 735S 26HP twin. Run into a problem that has me stumped. Engine will turn over but won’t start. I have cleared the fuel lines. Replaced fuel and oil level is good. Replaced fuel pump and filter is fine. Air filter is clean. But I still think it’s a fuel issue because it will...
  8. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    Thank you all for the massive help you’ve been! Mower is now back up and running like a champ! I have been working on mowers (at a personal level) for about 15 yrs or so. Dismantling, rebuilding, repairs etc… but electrical issues always stump me. My brain just isn’t wired to understand it. So...
  9. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    A couple spots. The engine housing, chassis and foot rest. Just to be sure. All read the same. Between 1.7-2.0
  10. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    They’re all similar. Earlier in the day, the battery was reading the normal 12.6-13.3. Came back to it just now and it’s reading 1.7-2.0. Damn near dead. Same at starter and solenoid. But even with my truck jumping it, it was giving me a steady clicking. Suppose I could get a new battery, but I...
  11. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    Flywheel pulled. Key intact. No fractures. Nothing. (I was hoping this was the problem). Pulled rocker covers and discovered the top arm on the right valve set was very loose. Adjusted all 4 back to .005. Now when I turn the key, the starter engages, then I get a rapid clicking. Kinda like an...
  12. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    Flywheel key and compression are next on the list. Good spark. Have never replaced ignition coils
  13. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

  14. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    I tried using spray already and nothing
  15. JRD1054Cub

    Courage 26 start issue.

    I generally don’t buy parts from Amazon. Strictly from small engine parts depot on eBay.
Back
Top