Just want to update this thread.
The blades would not turn after installing the broken idler (a few times due to not knowing the idler assembly order).
Then noticed I put the PTO spring in the square hole and not on the hole closer to the other small pulley idler.
The tractor is now working...
Thank you for your time. Hope I got it on right, this time. BTW, LOL! Yes, does look like genitalia.
Spent hours trying to find a top image on how the belt is suppose to be installed. I forgot that the manual has 1 on page 25/figure 23. #SIGH!
BTW, will attach deck once I get the OKIE-DOKIE!
Thank you for the links. I first searched their website and saw the items a bit over priced and wanted to see if I can buy local.
Now, I have to figure out in what order the parts go bc the operator's manual is too difficult to understand and where exactly do the 2 black guards go.
From bottom...
Thank you for your reply.
I went to my local CarQuest and they don't carry, at least this location, cotter bow tie pins and said the hair pin will be fine.
I got 2 hair pins, 1 lock nut, 1 bolt and the idler pulley.
Am I allowed to itemize and price?
Again, thanks for helping.
Hello:
New to this forum and know nothing of small engine repair. Hope this problem is an easy fix.
PROBLEM 1:
The left idler pulley (opposite the chute) fell off.
I was able to recover:
- the idler pulley.
- 2 pulley guards (1 small and 1 large).
- 1 flat washer (.385x.870x.092).
- 1 hex head...