Zama W-26 Carb. Cleaning

fayjim2

Threads
I started this thread for a No Start issue unless I sprayed down the plug hole. Then it would run only at high throttl settings. It would not start 5 minutes later I primed and primed no start. So is it possible I can clean with soap and water and possibly clean it out or is it ready for the trash? My son never emptied the gas out and ran till it stopped,since new,its a woodshark Poulan at least ten years old and only used for camp trips, dam thing looks new Thanks

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Soap and water
Only if you don't believe IL about the rubber check valve damage.

Here it is only soap and water in an USC. For preclean I use 2 cycle fuel mix as that is what the carburetor is designed to run on. And no hi air pressure used either as it damage the same check valves.

Before removing the 2c carbs, I've sprayed WD40 on them and let them sit for about 5 minutes. Then blow them off with air. Then remove and teardown to clean in the inside (in the USC).

Is there a problem with WD on the outside of the carb? (Before removing it from the engine).

WD 40 cleans aluminum like nobody's business.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can spray carb cleaner be used to clean internaly a Zama W-26 Carb????
The last shop I worked for, the tech only used this "top engine cleaner and lube" to clean out the inside of 2C carbs. He never used compressed air. He was a very good 2 cycle guy.
Just a little bit will do ya.
1687622830247.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I soda blast the outsides then wash it off with hot water
Inside they get no sprays at all and never any compressed air to do cleaning
I do use degreaser to verify flow but nothing with a solvent in it .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
C1M-W26
All five versions use the same RB-129 Carb repair kit.