Zama W-26 Carb. Cleaning

fayjim2

Threads
Can spray carb cleaner be used to clean internaly a Zama W-26 Carb????

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It has been my experience that the spray carb and choke cleaners cause the rubber check valves to swell stopping fuel flow to the main jet and cause a no start issue. Or sticks open and will prevent priming because the primer will suck air.

fayjim2

Threads
Where are these rubber check valves????

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is contained inside of the brass insert in the center of this picture. Stick closed won't start, stick open won't prime. That is the outlet check valve, main fuel nozzle. Some have an inlet check valve that can cause other start/run issues.

1687539860339.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Strip the carb down to bare metal. Spray away with SAFETY GLASSES ON.
Only if you don't believe IL about the rubber check valve damage.

Here it is only soap and water in an USC. For preclean I use 2 cycle fuel mix as that is what the carburetor is designed to run on. And no hi air pressure used either as it damage the same check valves.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only if you don't believe IL about the rubber check valve damage.

Here it is only soap and water in an USC. For preclean I use 2 cycle fuel mix as that is what the carburetor is designed to run on. And no hi air pressure used either as it damage the same check valves.
Of course. My bad, forgot this was a 2 smoke carb. Deleted my poor info.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep soap & water for me as well.
One of my wholesalers used to be the Walbro distribuor & Oregon distributor
Unfortunately as B & S get out of making their own stuff and transittion into distributing other peoples products both of these have been taken over by B & S ,
And B & S Australia are not going to bring the new check valve safe carb cleaner that Walbro has formulated into Australia as they concentrate on selling through supermarket & mower franchised chains .

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep soap & water for me as well.
One of my wholesalers used to be the Walbro distribuor & Oregon distributor
Unfortunately as B & S get out of making their own stuff and transittion into distributing other peoples products both of these have been taken over by B & S ,
And B & S Australia are not going to bring the new check valve safe carb cleaner that Walbro has formulated into Australia as they concentrate on selling through supermarket & mower franchised chains .
I have a case of the Walbro carb cleaner thinking it would be safe for the check valves. Nope. Still damaged the valves and renders the carb useless.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have a case of the Walbro carb cleaner thinking it would be safe for the check valves. Nope. Still damaged the valves and renders the carb useless.
I kinda figured that would be the case so I never fell for the stuff.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that is very good to know as the stuff is very expensive