Who thinks Stihl is the best??

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I own the Stihl BR 550 / Blower and Stihl BR 380 / Blower
Stihl HS-45 / Hedge Trimmer
Stihl HT-75 Pro Series / Pole saw... Stihl FS -75 Pro Series / Edger... and a Stihl FS 110 / Trimmer
Stihl, is the only way to go :thumbsup:

cubby

Threads
I've owned Stihl products for over 20 yrs, I have a chain saw, weed wacker and a back pack
blower.

With very little maintenance they have not given me any problems at all.

I do use their oil for the fuel mix and they start every time.

They got my vote their the best!.....cubby

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From a repair center standpoint that works on all brands Stihl for me is on about the same repair percentage compared to all other brands. Meaning that the number of Stihls I work on are about the same as other brands when compared to units sold, the main issue I see with Stihl (cracks above the fuel tank were it bends), poulan,husqvarna, and echo is fuel line and carb problems. Poulan has a problem with oil pumps from people running summer bar oil in the winter. Shindaiwa fuel lines can't handle ethanol nor can poulan fuel caps.

173abn

Threads
I cut with a sthil chainsaw and have a sthil weed wacker.both are good machines.the only thing I don't like is the oil and gas caps. the last time I was at the dealer I saw a tiller which for me was a new item.I just glanced at it as I was in a hurry. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hard to beat Stihl, if your working it hard... :smile:KennyV

Tractor John

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can't beat Stihl chain saws. The rest of the line not so great.

grnspot110

Threads
I've used Stihl for years, 029 saw, FS76 trimmer, don't remember the # of my blower. I'm changing over to Husqvarna, not because of the quality of the product, but because our dealer lost his repairman a year ago (health reasons) & the dealerships time is limited (again health reasons). This dealer is a very good man & has always treated his customers well, but with his age & the unlikelyhood of anybody buying the business, it doesn't look like we'll have a Stihl dealer too many more years.

Bottom line; dealers play a big part in any product! ~~ grnspot

Bison

Threads
I used to have a stihl chainsaw for 20 yrs,was always a b'tch to start. i was glad when it blew up. :tongue:
got a husky now for 10 yrs,much better saw all around. :thumbsup:

Parts for both brands are idiotly expensive :mad:

I had a stihl weed eater as well,I gave the useless contraption to my brother.:thumbdown:

I prefer to use the old scyte, faster and no noise.It can't blow the engine or run out of gas either:wink:

RTSB

Threads
I am glad all you guys are happy with you Stihl chainsaw. Mine was junk from the day I got it. I paid $578.00 because I wanted one that would last awhile longer than my old one did. After 6 trips to the dealer to be fixed and they never really got it fixed. It would not stay running longer than 15 minutes.
Finally when they said it's a lemon they got Stihl to give me my money back. Stihl is still what I think as a good one but I will not buy another on, I bought a Husky yesterday and cut 2 tanks of gas with it so far so good. I hope it last a few years.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am glad all you guys are happy with you Stihl chainsaw. Mine was junk from the day I got it. I paid $578.00 because I wanted one that would last awhile longer than my old one did. After 6 trips to the dealer to be fixed and they never really got it fixed. It would not stay running longer than 15 minutes.
Finally when they said it's a lemon they got Stihl to give me my money back. Stihl is still what I think as a good one but I will not buy another on, I bought a Husky yesterday and cut 2 tanks of gas with it so far so good. I hope it last a few years.

I think that's an unusual case -- I would give the dealer credit for admitting that there's a serious problem and giving you a refund.