Who thinks Stihl is the best??

jteuban

Threads
Who thinks that Stihls are the best machines ever made.

Anything: trimmers, chain saws ...

I know I do

LandN

Threads
stihl is a popular recognizable name in ope among other names that have served people for years with good service.People buy a lot of different brand ope for several different reasons,...money issues, features, handling, available nearby dealers, spur of the moment purchases, and the list goes on and on. A person might get a good buy on a used piece of ope and turns out to be a lemon,so he curses that brand name for life, when another guy buys the ope new or used and praises it for life,I have bought the cheapest garbage imaginable and fully expected it not to last, and i have bought a popular name brand ope and fully expected it to last and it did. i think its most important for a buyer to do a lot of homework before purchasing any ope and see that its right for them. cars and bikes and boats are all the same issue.:smile: just for the record,my sister has two stihl blowers my folks have echo ope and my neighbor has a mix of everything,and i have ...........:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

I know I do

I have never understood why Stihl never expanded into the mower business, their reputation for 2 stroke engines is so great if they built a mower they would practically sell themselves. But maybe they want to stay with what they already know.

jteuban

Threads
I love Stihl, I just bought one last mowing season and it is the best. LOTS of low end torque and high rpms its the best of everything. I think it is prob the best thing I personally have ever bought, but like people say it all depends on your personal preference. I got a trimmer with Stihls 4 mix, sure I did not need it but I am sure I will own it for years to come.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
LandN -- maybe I'm just ignorant, but what is ope ? Outdoor Power Equipment ?

BTW - I'm happy with all my Stihl Equipment -- others swear by whatever brand they prefer.

I believe it boils down to what you prefer, how much use will it get, and if you have a dealer near you.

If this info is correct Stihl products are manufactured in 3 places.
If the first digit in the serial # is a :
1 - Germany
2 - USA
3 - Brazil

All mine are 2s :biggrin: :thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
LandN -- maybe I'm just ignorant, but what is ope ? Outdoor Power Equipment ?

BTW - I'm happy with all my Stihl Equipment -- others swear by whatever brand they prefer.

I believe it boils down to what you prefer, how much use will it get, and if you have a dealer near you.

If this info is correct Stihl products are manufactured in 3 places.
If the first digit in the serial # is a :
1 - Germany
2 - USA
3 - Brazil

All mine are 2s :biggrin: :thumbsup:

HI BKBROWN, yes ope is outdoor power equipment

LandN

Threads
:thumbsup::smile:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a huge fan of Stihl -- with three of their saws. I'm also in the market for a pole saw and a concrete saw. I would also buy a string trimmer of theirs if I got a great deal.

rekees

Threads

I know I do

I think Stihl chainsaws are the best based on my own decades of experience and the fact they are the number one selling brand in the world.