Where do you draw the line between a garden tractor and a compact utility tractor?

173abn

Threads
  • / Where do you draw the line between a garden tractor and a compact utility tractor?
as I said on tbn,if it can't carry at least 500#in the fel and not be able to use a phd then I'd consider it a garden tractor.My 1610d Yanmar doesn't have rops but I consider it a cut.It could proably handle a bh but I would'nt want to put it to that test. russ

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Where do you draw the line between a garden tractor and a compact utility tractor?
There are garden tractors that are diesel, yes, but not many compact tractors (if any among popular models) are gas. Maybe we need to look at the combination of diesel engine, 4wd, Cat 1 3PH and 540 RPM PTO. I don't think you'll find any garden tractor with that combination (though if one exists I'm pretty sure the NEXT post is going to tell me about it)... :biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, like I said early on in this thread, I think it all depends on who you talk to, and when. I'm sure there are dealers that wouldn't agree with your def, Muhammad, because it would mean what they are marketing as a CUT is really a GT......and most owners of GT's that don't make the cut to be a CUT.........

It's one of those questions that I believe really has no rock solid answer at all. John heard this at dealer x, jack read y in a book, dan found z online...........

Thanks AGAIN, JD...:laughing:.......

CompactTractorFan

Threads
How come nobody has talked about SCUT's??? They are between a garden tractor and a CUT...:biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, I opened another can...:laughing::biggrin:

HEY...COMPACT TRACTOR FAN...WHY ARE YOU HORNING IN ON MY CAN OF WORMS HERE??? :laughing::laughing:

I'm trying to become a Member of the Month here on LMF, the first one ever, and here you are trying to hijack my thread....:laughing::laughing:

Why don't you go back to TBN and wait for a second person to reply to your post on "Michelle Obamas Gardening Book"....:laughing::laughing:

I did you a favor by being the first....:laughing::laughing:

Just woofing you, glad to see you here on LMF, you will be a REAL asset here too...:thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are garden tractors that are diesel, yes, but not many compact tractors (if any among popular models) are gas. Maybe we need to look at the combination of diesel engine, 4wd, Cat 1 3PH and 540 RPM PTO. I don't think you'll find any garden tractor with that combination (though if one exists I'm pretty sure the NEXT post is going to tell me about it)... :biggrin:

I STILL say the hydraulic capacity to run a backhoe MUST be part of the specs to qualify for a CUT...

(that grinding sound you hear is either me gnashing my teeth, or the sound of me opening yet another can)

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Let the roasting begin!!! :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I STILL say the hydraulic capacity to run a backhoe MUST be part of the specs to qualify for a CUT...

(that grinding sound you hear is either me gnashing my teeth, or the sound of me opening yet another can)

I'm sure a dealer with not enough capacity in his offerings will be happy to disagree.......:biggrin: