where do i find the modle number on my briggs

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
ok I understand@rivits I found the manuel but The reason i needed it was to get a part number for the Intake manifold where do i buy one of these im sure there are some under 45.00 right??

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Sorry Rivits I'm not so good at grammer.:frown: I will try harder

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you tried a google search to answer your question? Did you find a service manual (how to repair, but no part numbers) or a parts manual with part numbers? When you get a part number, google it. If you don't know, PDF FILES, are free.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I did that, But this engine is OLD 10+ years and only 8 hours on it. Aparently these older engines are hard to find parts for. I didn't know PDF Files were free. thanks for telling me:)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I did that, But this engine is OLD 10+ years and only 8 hours on it. Aparently these older engines are hard to find parts for. I didn't know PDF Files were free. thanks for telling me:)

Please do not try to cover lazyness with this sort of tripe.
It will not wash with the forum members, many of them have been service agents for twice the time you have been on the earth if not longer.
We are always ready to help people who are genuine but we quickly drop people who are simply using us.
So Bull Dust will not work.
I regularly chase down parts for engines that are 60 years old.
The average age of a mower that comes into my shop is 8 years old.
As for you personnaly it is obvious that you are attempint to either repair old mowers for resale or trying to do back yard repairs.
You do not need to lie about it. We are just as happy helping a person entering into commerce as we are to help a home owner.
Just so long as they are up front & honest with us.

So if you want to contine to get advice then you have to do some of the work for yourself.
This starts with going to the Briggs & Stratton web site and downloading the PARTS BOOK for your engine and the OPERATORS MANUAL for your engine.
Now if you do not understand what you are reading, we will be happy to explain. BUT YOU MUST HAVE READ IT FIRST.
I have several customers who are functionally illiterate and take pride in the fact that in the 3 years I have been servicing their machines We have worked through all of their peoblems and they now happily work , understand what is happening and are actually making a profit.
We will be happy to guide you through but you have to do some of the foot work yourself.

In the LINKS menu , right under the forum name there is a drop down menu that says "Parts Suppliers".
That is there because these people sponsor this forum that your are getting good value from and secondly because they supply the parts that we all need.
SO you start by downloading the parts book
Then identify the part number of the bits your need
Then you go to one of the "Parts Suppliers" web sites and type in the number you just found.
I have bought parts from just about all of them no problems.

OR

Go to one of the web site that has a "parts Lookup" option.
Typer your engine details in and do a search.
This is good for some one new to small engines because in most cases you get a nice exploded view which if you "Right Click" on you can usually open the image in a new page / tab thus save or print out the entire image, not just the little bit that shows on the web page.
Some of the web sites actually have a "print image" option use it , that the image down to your engine and familarise yourself with the parts and their names.
It makes helping you a lot easier.
We are not being paid so if you make life hard of us, we will make life hard for you or just ignore you completely.
Ball is in your court.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
ok, I looked on there website and they don't have an electrical schematic which is what i needed after the intake manifold is there another section that it would be on?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I found the intake manifold on there so i dont need that any more

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Please do not try to cover lazyness with this sort of tripe.
It will not wash with the forum members, many of them have been service agents for twice the time you have been on the earth if not longer.
We are always ready to help people who are genuine but we quickly drop people who are simply using us.
So Bull Dust will not work.
I regularly chase down parts for engines that are 60 years old.
The average age of a mower that comes into my shop is 8 years old.
As for you personnaly it is obvious that you are attempint to either repair old mowers for resale or trying to do back yard repairs.
You do not need to lie about it. We are just as happy helping a person entering into commerce as we are to help a home owner.
Just so long as they are up front & honest with us.

So if you want to contine to get advice then you have to do some of the work for yourself.
This starts with going to the Briggs & Stratton web site and downloading the PARTS BOOK for your engine and the OPERATORS MANUAL for your engine.
Now if you do not understand what you are reading, we will be happy to explain. BUT YOU MUST HAVE READ IT FIRST.
I have several customers who are functionally illiterate and take pride in the fact that in the 3 years I have been servicing their machines We have worked through all of their peoblems and they now happily work , understand what is happening and are actually making a profit.
We will be happy to guide you through but you have to do some of the foot work yourself.

In the LINKS menu , right under the forum name there is a drop down menu that says "Parts Suppliers".
That is there because these people sponsor this forum that your are getting good value from and secondly because they supply the parts that we all need.
SO you start by downloading the parts book
Then identify the part number of the bits your need
Then you go to one of the "Parts Suppliers" web sites and type in the number you just found.
I have bought parts from just about all of them no problems.

OR

Go to one of the web site that has a "parts Lookup" option.
Typer your engine details in and do a search.
This is good for some one new to small engines because in most cases you get a nice exploded view which if you "Right Click" on you can usually open the image in a new page / tab thus save or print out the entire image, not just the little bit that shows on the web page.
Some of the web sites actually have a "print image" option use it , that the image down to your engine and familarise yourself with the parts and their names.
It makes helping you a lot easier.
We are not being paid so if you make life hard of us, we will make life hard for you or just ignore you completely.
Ball is in your court.
I'm just repairing them for the fun and education of it Im 15 so I don't know a whole lot but I want to learn about them.

Lawnranger

Threads
I'm just repairing them for the fun and education of it Im 15 so I don't know a whole lot but I want to learn about them.

Can you guess the best way of learning all about small engines?

Hint: It's not asking questions here.