where do i find the modle number on my briggs

Lawnranger

Threads
Hi Micah,

You may remember back in another thread I might have mentioned or made a slight reference to or suggested that you read the manual ? You may have missed it so if you did here is a gentle reminder to read the manual. And, when you do read the manual you will find all sorts of other valuable information such as how to decipher what all those numbers mean and refer to. You will gain all kinds of insights when you sit down and read the manual because the manufacturer knows you will need this information and that is why they print it in every service manual. Good idea, huh?

Or you could cheat yourself of all that experience and leave yourself in the dark by looking on one of the valve covers for the numbers that are stamped in the metal cover.

Do let us know which path you take and remember life is all about choices. The choices you make today determine where you end up tomorrow, next week, next month, next year and the rest of your life.

All the best to you!

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Hi Micah,

You may remember back in another thread I might have mentioned or made a slight reference to or suggested that you read the manual ? You may have missed it so if you did here is a gentle reminder to read the manual. And, when you do read the manual you will find all sorts of other valuable information such as how to decipher what all those numbers mean and refer to. You will gain all kinds of insights when you sit down and read the manual because the manufacturer knows you will need this information and that is why they print it in every service manual. Good idea, huh?

Or you could cheat yourself of all that experience and leave yourself in the dark by looking on one of the valve covers for the numbers that are stamped in the metal cover.

Do let us know which path you take and remember life is all about choices. The choices you make today determine where you end up tomorrow, next week, next month, next year and the rest of your life.

All the best to you!
I remember I just don't have the Manuel to this pertickuler engine the reason i wanted the model number was to try and find the Manuel:) Thanks you are very helpfull on this forum It is a good idea to read the manuel On the other thead i did read ir.............helped me a ton

Lawnranger

Threads
thank you

Micah,

I'm glad to help. I also want you to learn how to learn when it comes to small engines and outdoor power equipment in general and that is by reading the manual first. Many times your question is answered in the manual and when you educate yourself by reading the manual you won't have to wait for someone on a forum to answer and this will be a big time saver for you. Another fact is that when you have to put in effort to learn something you have a much better chance of retaining what you learn - this will help you for the rest of your life.

I'm glad to hear you were looking for the manual as the reason you needed the model number. You are on the right track.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a briggs 20 hp On the side on a sticker says family and other numbers but i cant find the modle this is not my engine but it is exactly the same where do i find the number??

Briggs and Stratton Craftsman 20 HP Twin Model Ybsxs 7242VF 27844 | eBay

You can use the numbers on that sticker. The family number is just another way of saying model number. If the owners manual has you in a tizzy you might find it on line. Myself when I get a owners manual it gets thrown into a cabinet and read only if needed for adjustments. But I do use service manuals all the time for repairs in my shop for customer work.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Guess what@Lawnranger? I found the model number now where do I get the Manuel? thx so much --micah:smile:

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Micah,

I'm glad to help. I also want you to learn how to learn when it comes to small engines and outdoor power equipment in general and that is by reading the manual first. Many times your question is answered in the manual and when you educate yourself by reading the manual you won't have to wait for someone on a forum to answer and this will be a big time saver for you. Another fact is that when you have to put in effort to learn something you have a much better chance of retaining what you learn - this will help you for the rest of your life.

I'm glad to hear you were looking for the manual as the reason you needed the model number. You are on the right track.

thanks i really like working on small engines and have my own lawn business in the neighbor hood after school I saved up and bought a zero turn............I was tired of push mowing 4 acre yards:laughing:

Lawnranger

Threads
Guess what@Lawnranger? I found the model number now where do I get the Manuel? thx so much --micah:smile:

When it comes to B&S you usually have to purchase the service manual however there are several kind folks on the forum who once in a while will offer up a pdf of the service manual you need. All you have to do is ask in a kind manner and provide the model number of the engine. Or you can search around online and find the best deal on a paper copy. Your choice. Remember what I said about choices?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Micah, as a retired small engines instructor I have to tell you that you are forgetting more than your are remembering. Listen to what members are telling you, so that you can retain the info, don't assume that you understand what they are saying before you research it. How did you find this forum? I'll bet you did a google search. Have you thought about doing a google search "BRIGGS AND STRATTON SERVICE MANUALS PDF" I know that you souls find almost every manual you would need by doing it. I know you may think it is much faster to ask one of us to do it for you, but the only thing you will learn that way is how to ask more questions. Doing your own research will allow you to retain more of what you need to know. If you would have really read the manual, you would have found the section on where engine numbers are located. The techs on this forum don't look at manuals, they read them in sections depending on what they are working on. In today's world the search engine on your computer is your first step to solving problems, but far from the last. Most of us who work in the repair business use the computer and repair manuals on a daily basis. Being able to find answers on my own is more rewarding and makes me a better tech, than having to find someone to answer my questions. I have been doing this for over forty years, and yes I still ask questions, but when I do the individuals I ask know that I have tried to find the answer on my own and need help. Finally, you will look much more intelligent if you would check your use of grammar and spell check. You are not on tweeter, where thx is a word.