Wheel weights

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you read my post I addressed the wheel weights that you recall was the original question or maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. As far as RV antifreeze not engine antifreeze, being safe, read the label; "All ingredient are listed in the U.S. Federal Register. This product is considered GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) by the Food and Drug Administration." I run 6 ply tires so I have never had a flat tire on any of my machines, but I guess if I did and I had to take the tire to a tire shop I would save the fluid and put it back in when the tire was repaired. Just to be sure I called the EPA and they said it is safe also and it can go in the ground and not poison your well. I do not understand why you are so against something you obviously know nothing about. If you don't like it don't use it, but others can post other ways of putting weight on wheels if one can't mount wheel weights or does not want to use wheel weights for aesthetic reasons.....

I can see we don't agree on things as to other post also. I could care less what you do with your antifreeze. Drink it for all I care. The original post asked about wheel weights. I am sure they can do as they please and all I was suggestion how to install wheel weights and all you what to do is pick a fight. Just because you are having a bad day don't take it out on me.

gfp55

Threads
Does any one know if can get wheel weights for the new raptor

Maybe you should ask a dealer if its an option.

Thanks so much for the info I will look into ebay for that adapter, lowering the center of gravity makes it safer on hills.

I can see we don't agree on things as to other post also. I could care less what you do with your antifreeze. Drink it for all I care. The original post asked about wheel weights. I am sure they can do as they please and all I was suggestion how to install wheel weights and all you what to do is pick a fight. Just because you are having a bad day don't take it out on me.
You are getting all worked up about something that the OP already has the answer for. Read the whole thread and you will understand. Where are my facts wrong?

gfp55

Threads
I can understand what is being said about filling the tires with antifreeze. If you need a tire repair who repairs them? And will except the mess of the old antifreeze, and will refill them? If someone brought a tire into my shop filled with antifreeze for a tire repair I would turn down the job. What in the world would you do with 9 gallons of antifreeze. Maybe RV antifreeze you could pour in you lawn?? and it wouldn't kill the grass? I don't even like the tire sealant mess but will do them. If you do your own tire repairs it would be fine. Some of the larger shops fill tires if you don't do your own tire work. As I recalled the original question was about wheel weights.
Your questions on this post must have been rhetorical, sorry I did not realise.

Nwatson99

Threads
Sorry late to the party, but I am taking my rear tires to have them fluid filled at the dealer and the reason I am doing this is warranty.
If JD does it, my rims and tires are still covered under factory warranty from defect, rust, dry-rot, etc.

gfp55

Threads
Sorry late to the party, but I am taking my rear tires to have them fluid filled at the dealer and the reason I am doing this is warranty.
If JD does it, my rims and tires are still covered under factory warranty from defect, rust, dry-rot, etc.
Thats good thinking

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry late to the party, but I am taking my rear tires to have them fluid filled at the dealer and the reason I am doing this is warranty. If JD does it, my rims and tires are still covered under factory warranty from defect, rust, dry-rot, etc.

Good thinking.

I got to my first yard yesterday and had a flat. The water in the tire made it easy to find the hole. Started putting air in the tire and water came out like a hose. Put a plug in it and good to go.

gfp55

Threads
Good thinking.

I got to my first yard yesterday and had a flat. The water in the tire made it easy to find the hole. Started putting air in the tire and water came out like a hose. Put a plug in it and good to go.
I'm glad it was an easy fix.

Nwatson99

Threads
Thats good thinking

Good thinking.

When I had my metal roof put on in 2012, I wore those guys out with the magnet walking around my house finding nails and screws, I bet they were glad to leave. LOL
The stuff they are putting in my tires is called Rim Guard, you guys have any experience with it?

gfp55

Threads
When I had my metal roof put on in 2012, I wore those guys out with the magnet walking around my house finding nails and screws, I bet they were glad to leave. LOL
The stuff they are putting in my tires is called Rim Guard, you guys have any experience with it?
I have not used Rim Guard, but I've read that its the stuff to use, made out of I think sugar beet juice, non toxic natural stuff, weighs more then water, will not rust your wheels. I think more people would use it if they could get it, not every dealer has it and the ones that do over charge of say that you have to bring your tractor or tires to them. I would like to find a dealer that would sell me a 55 gallon drum of it, but nobody in my area sells it. I don't want to take off my big tractor tires to have them filled. I think in time more dealers will start handling it and the price will go down.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I had my metal roof put on in 2012, I wore those guys out with the magnet walking around my house finding nails and screws, I bet they were glad to leave. LOL The stuff they are putting in my tires is called Rim Guard, you guys have any experience with it?

Have never used it but have heard not to use a tube with it. Why? I do not know