Wheel weights

Big-Al

Threads
Hello AL new guy. Never heard of using water but when I was growing up on the farm. We used calcium chloride in tractor tires. Our local farmers co-op put it in for us.

verminaters

Threads

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can get it at tractor supply for $10

Called a air/water adapter kit made by slime

kadowson

Threads
Isn't the extra weight hard on the hydros? Just curious. I've never heard of watering the tires on a ztr.

gfp55

Threads
Can get it at tractor supply for $10

Called a air/water adapter kit made by slime
Thats correct, It's been awhile since I got it, your right I got from Tractor Supply. I must have the oldtimers thing going, I done forgot. Gee Wally I just pooped my pants,................ again.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Isn't the extra weight hard on the hydros? Just curious. I've never heard of watering the tires on a ztr.

If a 300 pound man ( not me ) can use a ztr then I don't think 20 pounds of water will hurt anything.

Micko

Threads
If a 300 pound man ( not me ) can use a ztr then I don't think 20 pounds of water will hurt anything.

I think the problem could be that being that its a liquid (water), once the wheel stops the liquid will want to keep moving. Think of it a driving a car. If you crash, the occupants will be sent through the windscreen if not wearing a seatbelt. There is a technical term for it that escapes me.

The Hustler ATZ has wheel weights that are bolted on. Perhaps the OP could bolt some weight to the frame, low, near the drive wheels? Just thinking out loud!

But really, in such small wheels, I cant really see there being a problem. Thing is though, if you need weight in the tires, the machine is probably being driven on slopes that it shouldnt be on!

Ive heard of water rusting rims. Window washer fluid is a better alternative I believe.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just filled my toro ztr tires with water. Full with no air in them.
Have filled every tire on every mower I have ever had and never had a problem.

People have been doing it for years

Micko

Threads
I just filled my toro ztr tires with water. Full with no air in them.
Have filled every tire on every mower I have ever had and never had a problem.

People have been doing it for years

Did I say dont do it? NO! Im only explaining that if there is an issue, that momentum thing could be the cause, or part of the problem. The only time anyone would need or want water in the tires is if they mow slopes. Mowing slopes is hard on hydros as it is, putting more pressure on them could be a reason for a dealer to void warranty so, I would be asking the dealer about it and if it could cause any warranty issues.

Or are you going to disagree with that?

At the end of the day, the OP has to cover himself if there is a problem. Some dealers, like insurance companies will look for any reason to get out of a warranty repair!

Sure, people have been putting water in LT's, GT's and tractors, forever. I rarely hear about it in ztrs. Not saying people dont do it, just rarely hear it.