What's wrong with my Honda Lawnmower? Almost pulled my arm off! Repair? New mower?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What's wrong with my Honda Lawnmower? Almost pulled my arm off! Repair? New mower?
The issue with the electric mowers is if they fail, who is going to fix it?
I asked three local mower shops this very same question. They all said not us....... They said throw them in the garbage and get a longer lasting gas mower.

MowerMark

Threads
  • / What's wrong with my Honda Lawnmower? Almost pulled my arm off! Repair? New mower?
Do tell......
I'm not mechanically inclined, but if you'd kindly post a link to such directions, I shall give it the old college try!

MowerMark

Threads
The issue with the electric mowers is if they fail, who is going to fix it? The two most common issues are battery and motor failure. The motors will overheat in heavy, thick grass and melt the windings. Good luck getting a new motor. However, no need to worry about gas and oil. Just the blade and put a little grease on the self-propelled gear on each wheel once a year. just a little bit. You must get parts from Ego as they are proprietary. You should be fine. just don't try to mow very thick, tall grass on a sweltering day.
I found two local places (within ten miles) who said that would repair this Ego in or out of warranty, and they both praised this model.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not mechanically inclined, but if you'd kindly post a link to such directions, I shall give it the old college try!
Download your engine manual. Read it. Look for the scheduled maintenance page. Look for cleaning cooling fins, de-carbonizing the cylinder/s and changing the oil.

MowerMark

Threads
Download your engine manual. Read it. Look for the scheduled maintenance page. Look for cleaning cooling fins, de-carbonizing the cylinder/s and changing the oil.
Okay, but that is "maintenance" and will it likely or definitely solve the present failure to start problem?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have spark, air, compression and fuel? Find out which you are lacking. Or hire a lawn crew for your 1500sf lawn. Much easier this way. You sit on the couch sipping on a cold one. Grass gets mowed. All in the hot summer as you toss on a blankey watching the big game.

MowerMark

Threads
I discussed this issue in detail in my recent blog you can check it here
URL: https://greenryenthusiast.com/replacing-the-pull-cord-on-a-honda-lawn-mower/

I hope you are able to address your issue after reading this. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Thanks
Very nicely done! BUT the pull cord is not the problem ...... or is it?

'm torn between abandoning/donating the Honda vs. attempting repair. This EGO mower is excellent, and better to operate than the Honda for many reasons.