What to do for a logo?

mow1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Keep it simple and legible. I see to many logos on trucks all the time that are so busy you can't even read the name. Your selling yourself... your name. Do good work, do what you promise, be professional and your business will speak for it's self. Word of mouth will be your success. Ruin your name and no logo will help you.

Threads
How much would you suggest charging for a yard that is .80 acres and about how long would you expect it to take? I have a 1998 John Deere Sabre. Also any tips for using a rider? It’s the first time I have ever used one before.

CoopsDad

Threads
My mom have this thing that can make stickers or print stuff onto shirts/sweatshirts. What should I do for a logo? I want something like this but I want a cool name on it (like my “business” name) by the way I’m only 14 View attachment 67424
Logo is kind of cool IMO but as others said Business Cards and possibly flyers to leave in mailboxes are a must to get your name out there. There is also a great fairly new Social Media platform that targets homeowners and their neighbors and you can post for specific neighborhoods you want to target. Try the app Nextdoor I think you will be happy with how targeted your marketing can be.

Names: Lawn Ranger | Blaze Mower Lawn Service | Turbo Tracks | Blaze Mowing

Let me add, It is so refreshing to see a 14 year old taking the initiative to do research, ask questions and solicit feedback. Just having the drive to start your own business gives me hope for the next generation that I would have thought was a complete loss. Good Luck!

Threads
Logo is kind of cool IMO but as others said Business Cards and possibly flyers to leave in mailboxes are a must to get your name out there. There is also a great fairly new Social Media platform that targets homeowners and their neighbors and you can post for specific neighborhoods you want to target. Try the app Nextdoor I think you will be happy with how targeted your marketing can be.

Names: Lawn Ranger | Blaze Mower Lawn Service | Turbo Tracks | Blaze Mowing

Let me add, It is so refreshing to see a 14 year old taking the initiative to do research, ask questions and solicit feedback. Just having the drive to start your own business gives me hope for the next generation that I would have thought was a complete loss. Good Luck!
I will have to look into that app. I know that where I live, it’s illegal to but stuff in people mailbox like that. It could be different in other states but that how it is where I live just so you know so you don’t get in trouble in case you would ever do that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And doing a mass mailing is costly too. I tried that approach once was very little results. And advertising in the local paper can get you some weird calls too. My an answered a couple of them that were down right filthy callers.

Threads
And doing a mass mailing is costly too. I tried that approach once was very little results. And advertising in the local paper can get you some weird calls too. My an answered a couple of them that were down right filthy callers.
I don’t want too many people since I’m a 14 year old doing this myself. I think I will just hand out a few cards at least this year

bolensst140

Threads
I don’t want too many people since I’m a 14 year old doing this myself. I think I will just hand out a few cards at least this year
the thing i do is just leave a picture of my fleet of mowers and describe my services and put my phone number on it too

1madmouse

Threads
You might contact some of your satisfied customers and see if they would mind you using them as references. Word of mouth goes a long ways