well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot

briggs

Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
yes u are right another dummy will do it Dave and as for the safety's go yes they will add more because people cant use there head for 2 seconds and shut the dam thing off ..I have seen some hasty **** happen over the years to people working on heavy EQ and most of it was caused because the did not shut the machine off ..then u have the guys that run the EQ in closed spaces and gas themselves its nuts ..Some people have no common sense when it comes to safety or there EQ

possum

Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
Do not worry about them worry about you. I have though I was being safe many times and had an accident or a near accident.

briggs

Threads
Do not worry about them worry about you. I have though I was being safe many times and had an accident or a near accident.

yes true there also i hit a 2x4 that i forgot about and it made a good mess of the blower and the side of my truck

LawnBoy97

Threads
yes true there also i hit a 2x4 that i forgot about and it made a good mess of the blower and the side of my truck

Wow, sorry about that, but I sure would have liked to see that.

briggs

Threads
Wow, sorry about that, but I sure would have liked to see that.

it didn't brake the shear pin lol but dented my door good no biggie it was my work truck now if it was the GFs car i would have got **** lol

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
As long as we're engineering safety in at any cost? How 'bout the table saw brake that senses a hot dog as a demo (or your hand) and stops the 10" blade in a few nano seconds, leaving only a slight scratch? Of course prohibitively expensive when mfgrs won't even put on gauges which cost $25. The farm equipment subject, I believe, is a deep one, and puts farming right up on the most dangerous list of occupations along with logging. You professionals must be especially careful due to fatique and over familiarity with the equipment. Be safe and well!!

Threads
Hmmm....
$5 chute unclogger? Or lose my arm? I wish everyone would think through this! :mur:

414dec-t9zL._SY300_.jpg
VS.
rewiring-the-human-arm_1.jpg

I need one of those I just bought a chipper, and I am not losing my hand.

Threads
I need one of those I just bought a chipper, and I am not losing my hand.

Yeah the one on my snowblower came in handy yesterday. :thumbsup:

Stevie-Ray

Threads
All our machinery at Ford's had dowels hanging near the safety gates, called chopsticks. They were for exactly that, to clear stopped machinery, just in case the safety gate failed. Far better to chop a wooden dowel than your hand/arm. My snowblower is old enough to not have one of those small plastic shovels to clear the chute. I use a cut-off broom handle.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to unclog my blower because of a plastic bag. I was going to just do it, but I told myself to turn it off and be safe. I'm glad I did!