well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot

briggs

Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
we just had a fellow down the street lose his fingers ..His shoot got clogged and he stuck is hand in there to clear while it was RUNNING >>>>>>>DO NOT DO THAT SHUT THE DAM THING OFF ...Evry dam year someone dose it just because it has the dead man brake don't mean it will stop the auger or impeller from turning ...When will people ever learn :mur:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
I would like to say poor guy but I can not.
It's like walking in the rain then saying I did not know I would get wet.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
He should have bought a unclogging stick that comes with some of the newer snowblowers now.

I had co worker years ago almost lost his arm in hay baler. He stopped the baler but left tractor running. Stuck his arm inside the baler to unclog it. He said that one stray piece of hay tripped baler to come on while his arm was in there. He now has steel plates and screws in his arm in between his wrist and elbow.

Parkmower

Threads
He should have bought a unclogging stick that comes with some of the newer snowblowers now.

I had co worker years ago almost lost his arm in hay baler. He stopped the baler but left tractor running. Stuck his arm inside the baler to unclog it. He said that one stray piece of hay tripped baler to come on while his arm was in there. He now has steel plates and screws in his arm in between his wrist and elbow.

Why buy one? We cut old broom sticks to desired length.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea that too. Whatever works for unclogging a snowblower.

A stick works I just shake the snow blower usually unclogs it. If that doesn't work I shut the machine off and pull the clog out lol people are stupid

possum

Threads
It is stupid. But it is easy to make a mistake like that. A fellow gets tired, get distracted by the neighbor lady. He is talking on his cell phone. The news is on his earphones. He is a little or a lot drunk. He does not understand snowblowers and has never read any directions in his life as he has always lived by his overconfidence. It happens. My neighbor almost lost a couple fingers in his lawnmower this year. It was off. But clogged with a bunch of clippings in the discharge part of the deck.

Threads
Hmmm....
$5 chute unclogger? Or lose my arm? I wish everyone would think through this! :mur:

414dec-t9zL._SY300_.jpg
VS.
rewiring-the-human-arm_1.jpg

Mike88se

Threads
That's sad. Sometimes you have to do dangerous things... not in this case though. Still a shame that it happened.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess #### happens. I try my best to practice safety in my two shops wood and mechanical. It just seems I will still cut myself or lose some skin when I lease expect it. I have been to the ER to be stitched up a few times. I still have all my fingers and limbs so thinking about safety must pay off.