Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

Cocoloco

Threads
Im back after a while.

TEXUN

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello from San Antonio, Texas.
I'm new to zero turn mowers and decided to retire my faithful 46" Murray GT after finding a deal on a Fastrack Super Duty 54. I think it's an '09. No idea how many hours are on it but it's fairly clean with a rebuilt Kohler CV730. It had a Kawi but the previous owner made the mistake of doing only half an oil change. He drained the old oil and forgot to replace it.

I enjoy servicing my own equipment and want to give this machine a good life, and while I'm here, maybe pick up some tips and tricks from experienced Hustler owners. With time and a little luck I may be able to give something back one day. Right now I'm still learning how to drive this thing! It's a beast compared to my 23 year old Murray.

ziti

Threads
Hi, John here. I've got a Hustler Raptor 52- inch zero turn with a Kawasaki 23 HP engine. I live in the Northeast and only use it 10 or 12 times a year and would not hesitate to buy another one, but I think Hustler went out of business.

clubairth

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
No Hustler got sold to Stanley (Also know as Stanley Black and Decker-Yes the giant that owns many product lines!) back in 2021. Also note that Hustler is just a brand and the company was known as Excel Industries. They made Hustler and Big Dog mower brands.

Still in business and still growing.
Hustler Brand Sold

Moe grass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. Newbie here. I'm looking at the possible purchase of a Shortcut 1500 with a 48" mulching deck. Well worn but not worn out. I do not know the model year (nor does the owner) but cannot locate the S/N on it. Likely because It's not obvious or it's missing. Not having any expeciance with Hustler mowers I'm looking for advice on where on the machine is this number. It does have a 23 hp Kawaski and the motor number is legible. Anybody out there point me in the right direction? Thx group.

clubairth

Threads
Can't help as I have never heard of a Shortcut 1500 from Hustler?
As you said it must be old.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
No Hustler got sold to Stanley (Also know as Stanley Black and Decker-Yes the giant that owns many product lines!) back in 2021. Also note that Hustler is just a brand and the company was known as Excel Industries. They made Hustler and Big Dog mower brands.

Still in business and still growing.
Hustler Brand Sold
B&DS stopped manufacturing the Big Dog mower. Shame.

clubairth

Threads
Thanks I did not know that. Yes it had a good following.

Moe grass

Forum Newbie
Threads
New guy here. Mow Hawk is the name. Looking at a possible purchase of a Shortcut 1500 with a 23 hp Kawa and a 48" rear discharge ( mulching?) deck. A non runner but all there. been sitting for over a year. I of course expect it will need work and consumables (blades belts fluids filters etc) but it's parts availability that concerns me. Hustler no longer lists the drive motors for ANY of those Shortcuts and the pumps are BIG coin I see. It has 2500 hrs on the meter and well I need your thoughts. I don't want to buy a pig in a poke so........
How long do the pumps/motors typically last?
is there a rebuild or other source for parts for same.
do the mulchers cut any good?
Thanks to any who reach out for guidance.

Ready for Spring in the Mohawk valley NY

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those appear to be Parker TF0170 (602390) wheel motors (at least the repair kit is Parker) so you may need to replace them with Hydro Gear wheel motors.
1708211308805.png

Last edited: