Wat are the advantages Of using high octane gas?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
And I bet you all so think that George Zimmerman was guilty.

I have never had any trouble because of ethanol and do not know anyone that has.

We can both find more than enough junk online to prove our side.

You say you have fuel lines that the ethanol ate up. What tests do you do to come up with this?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

C'mon Carscw...you are just being argumentative now. You didn't answer my question about your source. Wickepedia(my last excerpt) is highly respected/reliable Internet information. I agree with another poster...just because you haven't had problems or don't personally know anyone who has doesn't mean that ethanol doesn't cause problems. The evidence is quite overwhelming that it does and IMHO you are playing Russian Roulette simply ignoring the potential problem(leaving ethanol in that classic car sitting for 6 months). I sure hope for your sake that your luck holds out.
P.S.
What does any of this have to do with Zimmerman????.....that's pretty desperate:0(

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
C'mon Carscw...you are just being argumentative now. You didn't answer my question about your source. Wickepedia(my last excerpt) is highly respected/reliable Internet information. I agree with another poster...just because you haven't had problems or don't personally know anyone who has doesn't mean that ethanol doesn't cause problems. The evidence is quite overwhelming that it does and IMHO you are playing Russian Roulette simply ignoring the potential problem(leaving ethanol in that classic car sitting for 6 months). I sure hope for your sake that your luck holds out.
P.S.
What does any of this have to do with Zimmerman????.....that's pretty desperate:0(

... wikipedia is not reliable most college professors won't accept that as a source. Seeing as anyone with an account can edit the information. It used to be worse but wikipedia has gotten strides to help with this but doesn't change how people see it.

Now that being said if you can check wikipedias sources and find the original post to be an article with some scientific backing vs a personal opinion then you have a solid lead.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why just in the past few years is ethanol to blame for every small engine problem when it's been in our gas since the 70s ?

Why did the tech at the small engine shop charge me to adjust my valves on a engine with no valve adjustment?

Because back in the 70s and 80s a mechanic knew what he was doing and did not have to look everything up in a book.

One group says ethanol does not hurt anything.
The other group blames ethanol for everything.

Just show me that a group of scientist did a study.
Maybe the rubber has line is cheap

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess everone will just have to respect each other's differing opinions on the ethanol blended gasoline debate which seems to have it's share of supporters and opponents here on the forums as well as in the industry. I will post one last link for a website that contains manufacturers' recommendation(autos, boats, lawn equipment and other engine applications) for the use of E10(and higher concentration) ethanol blended gasoline. My advice to anyone reading this thread is to do your own research and form you own opinion regarding the use of and precautions in using ethanol blended gasoline. Nuff said!!!

Maunufacturer Ethanol E10 Fuel Recommendations