Vibration after replacing all spindles/pulleys Hustler/Raptor 52"

samlee3

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Vibration after replacing all spindles/pulleys Hustler/Raptor 52"
I have replaced all the spindles and pulleys and I am getting a bad vibration when I engage the belt. The belt is fairly new but it is an aftermarket. After running it for a bit I did notice some shredding. Suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wrong bet run or belt on wrong side of a keeper

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure all the bearings are good and quiet. Everything turns free. And yup some belt routing could be double checked.

Cocoloco

Threads
I have replaced all the spindles and pulleys and I am getting a bad vibration when I engage the belt. The belt is fairly new but it is an aftermarket. After running it for a bit I did notice some shredding. Suggestions?
is the deck belt hitting the idler arm at the front of the deck mine has started to, it will shred the belt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Belts shred because they are rubbing against some thing that they should not or a pulley that should turn freely is not .
So get some one the sit on the mower, arm yourself with a strong pencil point flash light and watch the belt running
A bag of concrete / gravel / sand will often substitite for an assistant
Just be very careful where you put your hands & feet it is very easy to end up with the under the deck which may lead to an unhappy end.