Export thread

Vibration after replacing all spindles/pulleys Hustler/Raptor 52"

S

samlee3

I have replaced all the spindles and pulleys and I am getting a bad vibration when I engage the belt. The belt is fairly new but it is an aftermarket. After running it for a bit I did notice some shredding. Suggestions?

B

bertsmobile1

Wrong bet run or belt on wrong side of a keeper

S

samlee3

Wrong bet run or belt on wrong side of a keeper
Ordered a new belt yesterday from Hustler site so I hope this solves the issue.

S

slomo

Make sure all the bearings are good and quiet. Everything turns free. And yup some belt routing could be double checked.

C

Cocoloco

I have replaced all the spindles and pulleys and I am getting a bad vibration when I engage the belt. The belt is fairly new but it is an aftermarket. After running it for a bit I did notice some shredding. Suggestions?
is the deck belt hitting the idler arm at the front of the deck mine has started to, it will shred the belt

B

bertsmobile1

Belts shred because they are rubbing against some thing that they should not or a pulley that should turn freely is not .
So get some one the sit on the mower, arm yourself with a strong pencil point flash light and watch the belt running
A bag of concrete / gravel / sand will often substitite for an assistant
Just be very careful where you put your hands & feet it is very easy to end up with the under the deck which may lead to an unhappy end.