Turbocharging a lawn mower

CraigH

Threads
Yes and I can get is done for $75.
That's an amazing price!
What do you get for your $75, is there a manifold and boost pipes included?
Would you be able to post a link or even pm me the details please.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's an amazing price!
What do you get for your $75, is there a manifold and boost pipes included?
Would you be able to post a link or even pm me the details please.
I would ba amazed if even the chineese could make a turbo for $75. What type of bearings are they using to withstand the heat with no oil cooling? Or is it called a turbo kit and is just a fancy air cleaner and muffler on a pipe?

CraigH

Threads
I would ba amazed if even the chineese could make a turbo for $75. What type of bearings are they using to withstand the heat with no oil cooling? Or is it called a turbo kit and is just a fancy air cleaner and muffler on a pipe?
My thoughts exactly..

jkp62

Threads
It is a Murray walk behind mower and the grass is very thick and the mower sometimes has trouble getting through it. I have received numerous suggestions to add a turbocharger and get rid of the muffler. I have been told with this being an OVC that it will double the power and that the muffler is taking away power.

Thanks
Find a used Lawnboy with the Duraforce , mine goes through anything ( long , wet , thick ) . Paid $50 for it .

Reactions: 22R

troverman

Threads
I'm curious if you can make it work. I personally don't think it will work, and I also think a $75 turbo kit means it will be incredibly poor quality. It seems just buying a more powerful engine that fits your mower's bolt pattern would be the most effective solution. For example, a Harbor Freight Predator (Honda knockoff) engine that is rated for more power than your engine. What is the current engine you have on your Murray? Horsepower rating? I have a 21" Honda walk behind with a 6.5HP engine and it will bog down in tall grass. Kind of the nature of the beast.

Threads
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Seems to me that increasing the RPM also increases the wear on the engine...might be something to consider.

Moparjoe499

Threads
Have any of you used any of the following and what were the results?

Thanks
TBB
WHAT STUPID IDIOT WOULD WANT TO DO THAT TO A LAWN MOWER.

Gord Baker

Threads
It is a Murray walk behind mower and the grass is very thick and the mower sometimes has trouble getting through it. I have received numerous suggestions to add a turbocharger and get rid of the muffler. I have been told with this being an OVC that it will double the power and that the muffler is taking away power.

Thanks
Cut the lawn more often @ 3-½" and buy a new Gas Powered Mower while you still can! Take good care of it.
Forget all the magic crap. I tried Hi Compression Floor Mats in my Youth. Did not help HP and used more Fuel.

Reverett

Threads
Why not just buy a mower more suited to your mowing needs or mow more often. I read this thread in amazement that this would even exist for a single cylinder engine. I guess you can sell anything to someone who doesn't know better!