Troy built 13AT609G766

blue06van

Threads
Did they use different model Nikki carbs?

What should I look for once I remove the carb?
Will I need a rebuild kit?
Or will I need to replace the carb?

Lawnranger

Threads
Did they use different model Nikki carbs?

What should I look for once I remove the carb?
Will I need a rebuild kit?
Or will I need to replace the carb?

You can attempt to repair or replace. If you go the replacement route you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration (potentially) due to the fact the if you do not have all the tools, knowledge, experience, etc. you will spend a lot of time & money acquiring all that you need and yes, you will need a carburetor kit. The two screws that hold the bowl on the Nikki carburetor are unbelievably tight for their size and many times people will use the wrong size screwdriver to remove them and damage them in the process. Once you get the bowl off, the carburetor is relatively simple but you must know what you are looking at, however youtube has some good videos (time investment) that you can educate yourself by watching. In this day and age of ethanol in our fuel you will want to use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the carburetor (financial investment) and Harbor Freight has a cleaner that I have used with good success. When you remove the bowl, take notice if there is a build-up of white or gray deposits. If you see a lot of deposit, do yourself a favor and replace the carburetor.

A new carburetor starts at around $100.00 give or take a little but you can bolt it on in minutes, drain all the old fuel from the tank first, put fresh fuel and a new air filter and be good to go. It's your choice and good luck either way you go.

blue06van

Threads
When you remove the bowl, take notice if there is a build-up of white or gray deposits. If you see a lot of deposit, do yourself a favor and replace the carburetor.

A new carburetor starts at around $100.00 give or take a little but you can bolt it on in minutes, drain all the old fuel from the tank first, put fresh fuel and a new air filter and be good to go. It's your choice and good luck either way you go.

I have removed the bowl already a couple months back, it had a lot of red tarnish build up and grey scalei ish type stuff on the in side. i had used carb cleaner to remove red stuff, but grey stuff it did not remove.
Ran great for a couple months. For a cheap fix. But not looking towards accuiring a bunch of tools just for this one job. yes I know my man card went out the window.
So who would you recomend to buy a replacement carb from?

Thank you and ever one for helping me with this you have been outstanding!

blue06van

Threads
Forgot had some pictures on cell phone , but none of motor. lol

Photo06240943.jpg

Photo06240944_1.jpg

Photo06240945_1.jpg

Photo06240946.jpg

Lawnranger

Threads
If you want the peace of mind that comes with a no-cost warranty, go with your local dealer and pay a little more. If you want the rock bottom price with return shipping cost warranty, search the web. If there is less than ten dollars difference I'd go with the dealer for convenience sake.

blue06van

Threads
Are these the engine part number? So i can order the carb.

007-5_zps527eb42d.jpg

006-5_zps6624180c.jpg

005-5_zpsd9027308.jpg

003-6_zpsb685238e.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The last picture in the above post is the numbers you will need. the first line of numbers is the Model Type, and the next line is the Code and serial number

blue06van

Threads
Any one recommend a place to get replacement Carb. Local guy wants 180.00

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
briggs list the carb at $153, and the carb kit at $28. I think you would be better to install a kit, or have a repair shop do it for you. If you decide to to the repair yourself, make sure that you don't loose the jet in the bottom of the plastic tube that sits inside the float. they like to fall out when you are not looking.

blue06van

Threads
Found needle valve and gastets local and installed fuel shut off.
No leaks and carb didnt flood. Battery on charger and will change oil thursday.
See if works?
Needle valve rubber tip is missing tip part and hard as a rock.

pic not to good.

009-5_zps1a44be2f.jpg