Troy built 13AT609G766

blue06van

Threads
Hello,
This is a super bronco v-twin power 21hp.
I am new here . This is my girlfriends family tractor.
About 3 months ago they said it would not start, so I came here with you alls help figured it was a dirty carb. So i pull and cleaned, worked like a charm. Now fuel just pours though it even when off and no battery. Help Help. Never rebuilt a carb before.
Thank you Mike

Lawnranger

Threads
Sounds like the needle valve and/or seat is not sealing properly or possibly a sunk float. Engine make and numbers would be helpful. Briggs & Stratton use Nikki and Walbro carburetors and both have this same problem.

blue06van

Threads
Sounds like the needle valve and/or seat is not sealing properly or possibly a sunk float. Engine make and numbers would be helpful. Briggs & Stratton use Nikki and Walbro carburetors and both have this same problem.

Tractor about 3.5 hrs away at thier lake house.
It is a briggs & Stratton.
Where on motor would I find the numbers?
Thank you Mike

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Either on a tag on top of the blower housing, stamped into the blower housing if older engine, or stamped into the valve cover.

Lawnranger

Threads
Make sure to check your oil level before starting the engine and if the level is overfull do not start the engine until you correct the fuel problem and change oil & filter. Gasoline can flood the carburetor while the engine is off and travel past the rings/valves into the crankcase. When gasoline gets into the crankcase the oil is thinned and looses its lubricating properties which could lead to major engine damage.

blue06van

Threads
Do the two different carbs look alike or is there noticable difference between them?

I noticed the oil drain tube, it has a plastic cap on it. To drain the oil just remove the cap?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do the two different carbs look alike or is there noticable difference between them?

I noticed the oil drain tube, it has a plastic cap on it. To drain the oil just remove the cap?

The Nikki has two screws that hold the fuel bowl on. The Walbro has LMT stamped into the carb body just above the fuel bowl and the fuel shutoff solenoid holds the fuel bowl on.

blue06van

Threads
The Nikki has two screws that hold the fuel bowl on. The Walbro has LMT stamped into the carb body just above the fuel bowl and the fuel shutoff solenoid holds the fuel bowl on.

I have the Nikki then. It has two screws that hold the bowl on.

Lawnranger

Threads

To drain the oil it sure helps to have a one foot length of 1/2" PVC flexible plastic tubing which you can purchase at most hardware stores for around a dollar a foot. Have a drain pan and rags ready when you go to drain the oil. The part with the plastic cap is a quick release oil drain and you simply remove the cap, install the flex hose, place drain pan below hose and push in slightly while turning the larger outer black housing of the quick release drain fitting until it stops and then pull it out toward you which will start the oil draining. If the outer housing does not turn, try the other direction.

Allow the oil to drain for a long time, as long as possible. You want as much of the contaminated oil out of the system as possible. I usually set everything up and get it draining and then go do something else. Some people cannot multi-task and if you are one of those then just sit there and watch all that oil drain out.:laughing: If your engine is equipped with an oil filter you will need to change it as well. Most of the time the oil filter is on very tight and requires an oil filter wrench to loosen the filter. Once the filter is off, clean the area where the filter gasket makes contact with the engine and make sure the gasket did not stick to the engine. Before installing the new filter make sure to coat the gasket with clean engine oil so it seals well and is easier to remove next time. I usually fill the filter with new engine oil if the filter screws on vertically but if it is horizontal I will fill the filter about half way and screw it on quickly to avoid spilling oil. By filling the filter with oil the engine will develop oil pressure sooner and not have to run so long without oil pressure. Fill the engine with clean oil to the full mark and start the engine for at least ten seconds to fill the filter and provide oil pressure to the system. Shut down the engine and check/fill the oil level to full.

Please dispose of the used oil in a responsible manner.

Briggs & Stratton engines use straight 30 weight engine oil so make sure to buy at least two quarts so you have enough on hand. My personal rule of thumb is that if I need one, I buy two. If I need two, I buy three. You get it.

Have fun working on the mower and ask questions if you don't understand something.