Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

joester

Threads
Hello fellow Troy Bilt owners! Joester checking in...

I had a decent stroke of luck yesterday while walking the dog. A guy on the other side of the neighborhood was putting a 21" self propelled 6.75 mower to the curb. I asked if he was really getting rid of it and he said that it was in the garage when he moved in. He couldn't find the bag for it and when he priced a replacement he decided the money was better spent on a newer/bigger mower. He GAVE me the Troy Bilt so I ended up walking it and the dog home. I do have a few issues, but I'll address them outside this thread.

Am I reading correctly that this is a 6.75 FT/LB motor? Either way, it sure beats the early 70's Sycamore I've been using!
Troy Bilt 1.jpgTroy Bilt 2.jpg

YardMan16

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy-Bilt TB130 160-cc 21-in 3-in-1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Honda engine--2 years running and love it.

rbclark

Forum Newbie
Threads
RB In Ky here. I have a GTX20 with a Kohler 27hp command engine. I can not find any info on this powerplant in this tractor

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
RB In Ky here. I have a GTX20 with a Kohler 27hp command engine. I can not find any info on this powerplant in this tractor

Start your own thread and find the sticker on the engine. Need model number.

jeepermac

Forum Newbie
Threads
A Troy-Bilt XP-20hp lawn tractor, owner for 2 years. I came here looking for help troubleshooting an issue with my lawn tractor.

BigRedKer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In ---Introduction

I have a 2007 Troy-Bilt Mustang 50" Zero turn Mower. It has not been taken care of by me and now I'm paying the price. Thank you to the owner for starting this forum. I hope to read about any type of repairs to my mower deck, as two of the pulleys have rusted through their mounts and I am stuck with a heavy paper weight.

GarryB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

My name is Garry, I have a Troy Bilt Bronco riding mower and I live in East Texas. I'm having issues after changing the belts on my mower. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: 13WX78KS011 with a 42" deck. I changed all of the belts, deck, upper and lower drive belts. The deck and the upper drive belt work great. The lower drive belt, and I have checked the length and width several times, as well as the pulley/ routing configuration and everything SEEMS to be right, I even re-installed the OLD lower belt to make sure. The lower drive belt will not tighten enough to make the mower move. When you depress the pedal all the way, the belt is still loose. I measured, and compared to specs and the belt is 90.8" long. What am I missing?!

Garry

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a picture of the routing. Hope it helpsTroy Bilt Bronco.jpg

GarryB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is a picture of the routing. Hope it helpsView attachment 29241

Thanks for the reply, This is same diagram, among others, as well as the "Professional shop manual" that I downloaded. This is definitely how I have it routed and that is why I'm confused about WHY it isn't working.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so I did not want to admit this but here goes. Last time I changed my drive belt on my RZ5424 I got it all put back together and could not go hardly at all. I took it off and redid it 4 times till I finally noticed what was happening. I would install the engine part first and then the drives. Well when I was putting on the drive side the belt would come off the engine pulley. It would still spin but not fast enough to get it to go. Moral of story is check everything even if you are too smart to do something like that. That is what I kept telling my self when I found it. Mostly I was laughing at my self for not double checking my work 4 times.

Edit: The belt went up and spun on the engine shaft. Looked like it was still working.