Troy-Bilt 2016 Mustang 46" Zero-Turn carburetor problem

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 2016 Mustang 46" Zero-Turn carburetor problem
Pics 2 and 3 are your throttle linkages. You can see in pic 3 where it would control the throttle valve on the carb. If you move that with your fingers, should raise the revs up. Connect your throttle cable there.

jcm618

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 2016 Mustang 46" Zero-Turn carburetor problem
So I took the crank case off to confirm my suspicions and sure enough....the governor gear broke. Just bad timing in relation to cleaning my carb. I think I lucked out and there was no other damage to the other gears or shafts. That being said, when I took the crank case off, there was no gasket....just a super thin bead of silicon. Is that normal on these engines (mine is a 44N877-0007G1 with a date code of 160218YG)? When I went to search for parts, the only gasket set that came up said that it was for date codes before 15071600 with no other gasket sets showing. This engine has been a leaky mess since I bought it and it doesn't seem right to just use a bead of silicon.

Also, can I get a sanity check on the parts I'm ordering....make sure I am not missing something important that I should replace: Intake/exhaust gaskets, governor shaft seal, governor gear, governor bushing, and crank oil seal. Thanks for all the help....I promise, the engine is getting a good bath ;).

Attachments

• gov1.jpg
    gov1.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 1
  • gov2.jpg
    gov2.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 1